Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

0 to 60 in 60 seconds?! YES!!!

9K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Paco 
#1 ·
These were done with the battery at less than 1%. I was in 4WD high. I'm happy to report that 0-60 in 6 seconds is completely feasible even with the battery discharged. I was hitting eSave+charge between attempts just to put a touch in but I was at that less than 1% state on all runs.
Click here:

#4 ·
I'm a bit shocked at the performance, ours was delivered tonight, we took it for a spin, it was at a depleted 1% (battery), hybrid mode, and it pulled insanely hard. We're getting rid of a 5.7L Hemi AWD DD/RT, and this absolutely feels quicker. I'm coming from a long line of performance cars as the "second car", so I have a decent "feel" for acceleration, and it's pretty amazing (given it's a 4000+ brick with a 2.0L 4 banger as the foundation).

#9 ·
@Wrangler4XEFan @Bodell

That's outstanding, I think I knew going in there was some kind of reserve (that's not displayed), but I was wondering how long it lasted, sounds like the system attempts to maintain that, I suppose unless you're in some kind of outlier scenario (where you're standing on it 0 -100 several times in a row).
In the simplest of terms, think of it like a regular vehicle with an alternator driving at night with the headlights on and the AC running. The consumption is replaced by the alternator. Now just remove the alternator and put in an eTorque motor and traction motor that are both able to also be generators.

#11 ·
It's quicker that our DD/RT AWD with the 5.7L Hemi - and while the SRT flavor of the DD (which I sort of cross shopped) is certainly quicker on the street, once the pavement ends, the Wrangler will traverse terrain the SRT can't touch.

Plus have more fun doing it with the roof off :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.