Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today marks one month with my Wrangler 4XE. Still amazed and still impressed with the design decisions. It’s just a great overall vehicle. I have developed just a short wish-list. These are not complaints as much as just things I wish were possible.

1-Latching max regen. I would also like to see the max regen button moved to the steering wheel and give a button that could either be momentary or latching. The idea is a button that could be pushed for momentary then pushed and slid to a locked position for latching

2-Eco mode for the cruise control when in EV mode. I have found the cruise control is aggressive enough to cause an engine start. If I’m on back roads and come to a stop sign then hit resume after stopping, the vehicle wants to get back to speed fast enough to cause an engine start.

3-Engine start in EV mode only when the accelerator pedal is floored. I would like to see a way to set the bias in electric mode even more toward electric so that the engine would not start until the pedal goes all the way to the floor. Mercedes utilized a “drop down” button under the gas pedal. It causes the transmission to drop down a gear. Smarts do the same thing. It would be cool to see an “engine start” button under the accelerator pedal to prevent the engine from starting unless that button is pressed.

4-Some method of measuring electrical energy. On the trip odometer and the overall MPG screens, I’d like to see something to indicate miles per kilowatt hour. It would also be nice to see some method to track energy consumed during charging.

5-Larger glove compartment.

6-Slightly larger battery. I’d like to see around 35-45 miles of electric range.

7-Uconnect is horribly slow. I know this isn’t necessarily a 4XE thing but the Uconnect is just way slower than I think most consumers would expect in 2021. That seems like a point that should get some major work done on it. As it is right now, I have no plans to continue with the service once the free period runs out due to this issue.

8-The randomly appearing backup parking lines. This issue isn’t unique to the 4XE but it’s something Jeep should really get fixed.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
The bigger glove box. I like having a spot for my fob, but not between the cup holders…
And include a cargo tray/liner with the all-weather floor mats.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I definitely agree with it needing a larger range and Uconnect is horribly slow. But overall still loving it! Thanks for the review!

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's a bit of a bummer the new PHEV product didn't received the newer uConnect 5, it didn't need the larger display (like the DDs now have an option for a 10.2" display), but at least the updated UI, faster processors, and even wireless CP/AA.

Someone indicated the Max Regen used to retain your selection through shutdowns, sounds like there's the potential for a software update to revise this (unless there's something compelling with it defaulting to off ...)

I'd like to see a launch mode, or a "Max Performance" mode, where it keeps the ICE running, has the battery on deck, even during a complete stop.

·
Registered
Sahara
15 Posts
I like and agree with your list, but the glove compartment size is not a 4xe thing; I had the same issue with my JK. My addition to the UConnect wish would be since they used 4c instead of 5 (so no wireless connection) they should make the USB2 port work so I can keep my cable out of the way when not using it. There are even third party wireless converters that will mimic wireless CarPlay, which would also want to be kept hidden and out of the way.

With storage at such a premium in Wranglers, you'd think that they would do everything they could to maximize the usage of space to keep .

As for measuring electrical energy, I'd like to see a way to download the data. It may get old, but I am loving the ratio of electric vs. gas driving I am doing for my daily commute. The larger battery wish would be my #1. I am currently copying the information from the trip meter.

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's a bit of a bummer the new PHEV product didn't received the newer uConnect 5, it didn't need the larger display (like the DDs now have an option for a 10.2" display), but at least the updated UI, faster processors, and even wireless CP/AA.

Someone indicated the Max Regen used to retain your selection through shutdowns, sounds like there's the potential for a software update to revise this (unless there's something compelling with it defaulting to off ...)

I'd like to see a launch mode, or a "Max Performance" mode, where it keeps the ICE running, has the battery on deck, even during a complete stop.
Move your shifter in to manual mode turns on ICE and keeps it on and is the ‘max performance’ mode you are looking for. I do this to warm up the engine on start or if I need instant throttle response to leap into or across traffic. Once I’m in traffic
I switch back over to ‘D’ and allow the vehicle to take over its regular drive mode. On electric only, I have been in a few situations where the vehicle has been sluggish to move from a stop or to jump into the traffic flow: possibly starting in second gear or taking a moment to downshift and/or start the ICE
- not quite sure, but it has put me in situations that are avoided when the ICE is running.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Move your shifter in to manual mode turns on ICE and keeps it on and is the ‘max performance’ mode you are looking for. I do this to warm up the engine on start or if I need instant throttle response to leap into or across traffic. Once I’m in traffic
I switch back over to ‘D’ and allow the vehicle to take over its regular drive mode. On electric only, I have been in a few situations where the vehicle has been sluggish to move from a stop or to jump into the traffic flow: possibly starting in second gear or taking a moment to downshift and/or start the ICE
- not quite sure, but it has put me in situations that are avoided when the ICE is running.
Dude, this is the Tip-of-the-Week, seriously, that's fantastic, it's effectively a switch for the ICE.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The bigger glove box. I like having a spot for my fob, but not between the cup holders…
And include a cargo tray/liner with the all-weather floor mats.
No doubt. Especially since I haven’t found an aftermarket one that fits. Some say they don’t and I have the rugged ridge one in my office waiting for a return shipping label to Quadratec because it doesn’t fit either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts