Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So my 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE Sahara Unlimited has "dirt/dust nibs" in the hard top, around 5-6 on the rail along with paint issues on rear body colour painted fenders.

My dealer put in a request to Jeep which is repainting the front hard top panel - but the dealer hasn't been alerted yet of the other nibs (as I just found them).

So I'm taking it here to see what you think I should do...

Do I just leave them and let them be? Is there a chance they will break off later and cause issues? They are rather small, and only noticeable under the right reflection.

Or do I request Jeep to repaint the entire rail from one end to the other when its in for everything else?

Jeep goes in on Tuesday for paint. The only dust nib I'm really worried about on the rail is this one that seems like an "indent" almost like a chip, but not a chip as its a little rough where the others seem smooth.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
A new vehicle so be free from defects and if you see something starting no matter how small you should bring it to the dealers and Jeep’s attention and keep records of everything.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A new vehicle so be free from defects and if you see something starting no matter how small you should bring it to the dealers and Jeep’s attention and keep records of everything.
Yeah I am letting them know. I am just wondering if I should let them repaint or just leave it and have them document it?

I am in Canada, so paint is covered 3YR / 60,000KM

Really shocked at how many imperfections there are and I really don't want to repaint most or all of the Jeep, I can't imagine that being a good idea.

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
I live in Florida 2 miles from the ocean and if any rust starts the salt eats right through it. I have been checking the jeep every other day for any signs of paint issues, only had the keep 2 weeks lol.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would just leave them. The risk of a respray not matching the paint 100% seems too risky for dirt nibs.
It's PX8 - Super Black. So they all say it's solid and easy to match.

But yeah I think I'll leave the new ones I found. They tried to sand out the one on front liner which wouldn't sand out fully and created a "pit" or "crater" in the clear, which is why they're repainting it but apparently they are only repainting the "lip"

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
My JK was the same color. I had the doors resprayed because of hinge corrosion and the black was slightly off. You could only see it in certain lighting conditions but it drove me nuts.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My JK was the same color. I had the doors resprayed because of hinge corrosion and the black was slightly off. You could only see it in certain lighting conditions but it drove me nuts.
Yeah I will leave the rest of the nibs. I wonder if they can polish further where they used the dirt nib sander, rather than repaint?

Anyway... its getting painted Tuesday regardless for Fenders. See this thread: 2021 Wrangler 4XE Fender Paint Bubbles?

@Sjbiss you seem very knowledgable, do you think the moulding will come off the fender for proper paint or no? The guy at the body shop couldn't give me a straight answer (he wasn't sure) - and likewise, do you think its worth repainting for these bubbles/flakes or should I leave it? Obviously I'll make them repaint until it matches 100%.

There's also dirt under the paint in my other fender but I'm leaving it - you can't notice it, there's no bump etc BUT if the sun reflects on the right angle you can see a "dimple" if that makes sense which alters the reflection. As dimple.. think like tiny dent in car, for example, but no dent.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
@AnonCanadian They have to be able to remove the molding, the Jeep wasn’t painted with that molding on at the factory.

I would probably respray the fenders with those bubbles. If the respray is bad, you can always replace with textured black.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@AnonCanadian They have to be able to remove the molding, the Jeep wasn’t painted with that molding on at the factory.

I would probably respray the fenders with those bubbles. If the respray is bad, you can always replace with textured black.
I know the owners of the shop - and its a big corporate shop, so if the respray is bad I'll have them respray it again until its perfect.

Thanks for the feedback :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts