Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading through forums online, it doesn't appear I'm alone in this. From day 2 of purchasing my 2021 Jeep 4xe I have been experiencing major issues that could potentially cause loss of life or limb to myself, my significant other, and others on the road. On top of this, a gentlemen named Frank in Detroit from FCA has been working with me through all of these issues, and has ultimately left us abandoned with a Lemon after we requested Jeep buyback our vehicle.

This is my first time owning a Jeep and I am shocked at how terrible the experience has been, from getting my Jeep towed (it took days for them to pick it up in a parking lot in southern California), to getting repairs done, to getting accurate and truthful information on what was happening, and to getting reimbursements which I was promised from Frank.

First major issue: Brake light comes on while driving Jeep on freeway.
Result: ABS module had to be replaced, as it was faulty and could've caused the brake system to go out while driving. It was in the shop twice for this same issue, and the first time they sent it home they said it was no big deal and was just an electrical issue. The brake light came on AGAIN while driving on the freeway, and the second time it was in the shop they realized it was a serious issue and the ABS module had to be fully replaced.

Second major issue: Going through Jeep's roadside assistance was a nightmare. My Jeep was left in a parking lot for multiple days while Jeep's sorry excuse for roadside assitance tried to get a tow truck out. I live in southern California, in a big city, and they took 2 days and multiple, MULTIPLE, failed attempts to get a tow truck to my location. I was told over and over again that a tow truck was on its way, I waited for hours, and when I called the tow company directly they told me they were not coming and they told Jeep they were not coming. Jeep never told me that, and they certainly didn't arrange for another tow truck. This happened more than once!! What if I was on the side of a road in a bad part of town, or in the middle of nowhere? I would've been stranded for days...or worse my 120lb wife would've been!

Third major issue: Charging Fault Error My wife was driving home from work on the freeway when the Jeep suddenly shut off and came to a screeching halt. She was barely able to prevent a major accident, which could've caused loss of life or serious injury to herself and others on the road. The moment it happened I received a message on my UConnect app that a Charging Fault Error occurred. I didn't know what this meant, but 60 seconds later my wife called me in tears and told mem what happened. She was terrified to drive the rest of the way home.
Result: The Jeep is still in the shop (it's been in shops for over 30 days now, and we've owned it for 3 months). They have no diagnosis.

More issues: I requested a buyback from Frank in Detroit for the Lemon they sold us. I told him I had been patient with them in repairing the vehicle, but I am not going to risk my wife's life any more with their defective product. He told me Jeep does not offer buybacks and that I would have to go through arbitration if I wanted any luck with them buying it back.

I am reaching out to a lawyer this afternoon to discuss the situation.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can we start a Jeep Cares page and transfer all these disgruntled first time posters there? This board has gone to crap.
I agree with you in terms of having a place to combine all these experiences because it’s scary to have so many issues on a new product. I’d like to see people sharing their experiences in dealing with Jeep cares as well as another section that helps people through the lemon laws. Maybe even bring in a lawyer to help people navigate the process and hold dealers accountable. I realize that lemon laws go through the manufacturer vs the dealer but dealers do play a large role in helping people through it if they do choose to help

·
Registered
262 Posts
I wouldn’t say we are apologizing, I would say we are being empathetic to their plight. That’s what it means to be in the Jeep community. If we saw another Jeep stuck on the trail, we’d pull them out. With these issues, we can’t throw them a tow rope but we can offer moral support.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Now I should just as quickly point out that trashing the brand and trying to convince people to not buy a Jeep is a tad disingenuous but I understand the frustration. Trying to convince people that the entire brand is garbage over an issue is a frustrating thing too. Personally, I’ve had zero issues. I could wave the Jeep flag and speak about how great my experience has been. But I do wish Jeep would move quicker and more effectively on these issues. Just heard from a guy in France yesterday and is waiting on delivery because it failed during dealer prep. I know Jeep is working on these things but there is a ball drop somewhere. I don’t know if it’s the dealership service or what but there’s a glitch in the matrix somewhere with some of these cases.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is supposed to be an enthusiasts page. Instead, it’s filling with posters named NeverBuyJeepAgain and good posters apologizing to them.
I'm not complaining about a tail light going out. I'm complaining about quality control issues that are putting my family at risk on the road, which have been raised as high as I can find in Jeep and are not being handled appropriately.

And seeing how FCA frequents this forum, it seems like the last resort for me to get my situation handled. And it also seems like the best place to warn potential buyers of the 2021 4xe of the issues a lot of us are experiencing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not complaining about a tail light going out. I'm complaining about quality control issues that are putting my family at risk on the road, which have been raised as high as I can find in Jeep and are not being handled appropriately.

And seeing how FCA frequents this forum, it seems like the last resort for me to get my situation handled. And it also seems like the best place to warn potential buyers of the 2021 4xe of the issues a lot of us are experiencing.
I know - and that is what this formerly enjoyable board has become. A place that the disgruntled search for for no other reason but to come and vent. And that’s why this board is crap now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know - and that is what this formerly enjoyable board has become. A place that the disgruntled search for for no other reason but to come and vent. And that’s why this board is crap now.
That should tell you more about the company than the board. I'm sorry the forum is the last resort for Jeep owners to get their case handled, and to inform the public about the quality issues of the new Jeep 4xe. It sucks that this is happening, but it should tell you more about the company than the upset customers who shelled out $60k for a Jeep and are being brushed under the rug by Jeep when their product is almost getting them and their families killed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That should tell you more about the company than the board. I'm sorry the forum is the last resort for Jeep owners to get their case handled, and to inform the public about the quality issues of the new Jeep 4xe. It sucks that this is happening, but it should tell you more about the company than the upset customers who shelled out $60k for a Jeep and are being brushed under the rug by Jeep when their product is almost getting them and their families killed.
I think it needs a good moderator.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clearly you just want to talk about the good aspects of Jeep. That's fine, but why even click on this thread and continue commenting on it? This forum isn't just for talking about how awesome Jeeps are. Even though I agree my Jeep is awesome--when it works--and when it isn't putting my families life at risk on a regular basis.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Clearly you just want to talk about the good aspects of Jeep. That's fine, but why even click on this thread and continue commenting on it? This forum isn't just for talking about how awesome Jeeps are. Even though I agree my Jeep is awesome--when it works--and when it isn't putting my families life at risk on a regular basis.
I agree, you're talking about your experiences, and i believe as a public community forum it has a right to be placed here as well, if all i seen was nothing but praise here for this jeep, i would question the authenticity, but i do hope your situation becomes rectified and the real power that you have to getting this situation fixed is documenting and showing actual video of everything that is being explained, and placing it on a YouTube and can ve shared, and I'll say it over and over again video representation showing proof of what's going on is the biggest threat to a corporation of any kind. I used to work in a department for a company and was in charge of looking on social media for any issues people were having with the product. But the worst issue we faced was when someone would upload to YouTube and document and show everyone what was going on with said product, and if it got over 1000 views we literally had to direct our attention to this customer directly, we never really cared about forum related issues with the product....(i know thats sad) but as soon as we see a face and video associated with the brand, it became our priority

Dont believe me, a woman and her husband were having the same issue with the new ford mach e , the dealership was being terrible, as soon as they did a video about it people shared, ford reached personally, and now they uploaded a new video titled finally fixed

Here is what i mean

Then they did a follow up

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree, you're talking about your experiences, and i believe as a public community forum it has a right to be placed here as well, if all i seen was nothing but praise here for this jeep, i would question the authenticity, but i do hope gour situation becomes rectified in the real power that you have to getting this situation fixed is documenting and showing actual video of everything that is being explained, and I'll say it over and over again video representation showing proof of what's going on is the biggest threat to a corporation of any kind.
Thank you. We've been taking detailed notes with dates, people we've spoken with, details of the conversations, etc. since the first issue happened. I even recorded our phone calls with the dealership and manufacturer (although i realize this likely can't be used in a lawsuit without letting them know they were being recorded...I did it so my notes would be accurate).

·
Registered
21 Posts
First major issue: Brake light comes on while driving Jeep on freeway.
Result: ABS module had to be replaced, as it was faulty and could've caused the brake system to go out while driving. It was in the shop twice for this same issue, and the first time they sent it home they said it was no big deal and was just an electrical issue. The brake light came on AGAIN while driving on the freeway, and the second time it was in the shop they realized it was a serious issue and the ABS module had to be fully replaced.
Just want it to be known that my 4Xe Rubicon also has this issue, took delivery at 18 miles, light came on at 42 miles, back to the dealership at 63 miles; have been at the dealership since 7/28.
Last 8# of Vin: MW686274

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just want it to be known that my 4Xe Rubicon also has this issue, took delivery at 18 miles, light came on at 42 miles, back to the dealership at 63 miles; have been at the dealership since 7/28.
Last 8# of Vin: MW686274
Sorry to hear that. The ABS module had to be pulled off the line because they are not making it outside of very limited production yet. It could unfortunately take quite a while.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to hear that. The ABS module had to be pulled off the line because they are not making it outside of very limited production yet. It could unfortunately take quite a while.
Hoping @JeepCares can help, have already contacted them. Just really sucks because I had the car for less than 12 hours, most frustrating car buying experience ever...

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon sting grey
66 Posts
@NeverBuyJeepAgain

I understand your frustration. As a prior dealer technician I can tell you that any lawyer worth a shit will recommend you keep off social media if you are going to lawyer up.

That being said, there isn't any brand or model unaffected by lemon builds. I have owned many vehicles and all have their own idiosyncrasies.

As a life long jeeper I will say I've blown motors, transmissions, axles and just about every part at some point. Nevertheless, I will always be a jeep fan as there isn't another brand with the same level of aftermarket support. Save for maybe mustangs and diesels...

Best of luck with whatever you decide on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@NeverBuyJeepAgain

I understand your frustration. As a prior dealer technician I can tell you that any lawyer worth a shit will recommend you keep off social media if you are going to lawyer up.

That being said, there isn't any brand or model unaffected by lemon builds. I have owned many vehicles and all have their own idiosyncrasies.

As a life long jeeper I will say I've blown motors, transmissions, axles and just about every part at some point. Nevertheless, I will always be a jeep fan as there isn't another brand with the same level of aftermarket support. Save for maybe mustangs and diesels...

Best of luck with whatever you decide on.
Me purchasing a Lemon isn't exactly the issue. It's the unwillingness of Jeep to buy back the Lemon that they sold me after 30+ days of being in the shop for multiple serious issues, and forcing me to go through legal measures to get a satisfactory result.

I didn't purchase a $60k Jeep with the hope that I could one day come onto this forum and tell a sad story. I purchased it because I thought it was worth the money, and I thought Jeep was a strong company that stood behind their product. What I've learned over the last several months is that this is not the case.

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon sting grey
66 Posts
Honestly, no manufacturer will make it easy to lemon law a vehicle. You will have no choice but to lawyer up.

Perception is everything, you will never trust Jeep because you had a bad experience. That is unfortunate.

I will never trust connecting rods because I had one exit a block and burrow itself into asphalt in Santee...

Are they worth the money? Only you can determine that...

FCA knows the Achilles heel of their products. I have a 2020 ram with the 6.7 Cummins. These motors have the dreaded CP 4.2 injection pump. That shit is Russian roulette. 2021 models went back to the CP3 due to many expensive failures. Do you think they reached out to CP 4.2 owners for a replacement... hell no!

I'm not about to tell you what to do... other than if you are serious contact a lawyer and move on. Also don't buy a 2019-2020 ram 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins...

1 - 20 of 98 Posts