Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So our 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE Hard Top has a paint defect. It's a nib in the paint, essentially looks like dirt got into the factory between coats or before clear coat - its raised. Dealer confirmed it is a factory defect.

Dealer is submitting to Chrysler for a warranty claim, but advised me they'll most likely just spot sand it and paint it. This seems insane, considering its 2 weeks old. I bought a brand new Jeep - not a painted jeep, and its (1) hard top panel (the driver side front) which isn't even the entire hard top.

Anything I can do to push to get it replaced? Have a family friend who owns a Ford dealer and they said they get painted parts from Ford all the time for things like this. Seems crazy that I'm being told to get it spot sanded and painted.

Thanks in advance

Also @JeepCares on Twitter didn't help at all because I am in Canada.

·
Registered
901 Posts
It's not too uncommon for cars to get damaged of have paint issues from the factory fixed before being sold.

Hopefully they can do a good job. I have a big dull blob on one of my fenders. The service departments seem to really hate/not want to deal with paint issues. I've tried about 3 times so far.

They call you in after all the other work is done and mention the paint guy hasn't been in. "Do you want to leave it here for another week?" Or try to talk you out and say "it will need to be submitted for approval". As if FCA won't approve it without a fight.

Really seems to come down to the service dapartments lack of follow through.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not too uncommon for cars to get damaged of have paint issues from the factory fixed before being sold.

Hopefully they can do a good job. I have a big dull blob on one of my fenders. The service departments seem to really hate/not want to deal with paint issues. I've tried about 3 times so far.

They call you in after all the other work is done and mention the paint guy hasn't been in. "Do you want to leave it here for another week?" Or try to talk you out and say "it will need to be submitted for approval". As if FCA won't approve it without a fight.

Really seems to come down to the service dapartments lack of follow through.
Sorry to hear that you are going through the same thing.

My dealer put in a request early in the week with FCA. No response from them yet (checked today).

Monday I have accessories being put on, I'll bring it up again then and ask them to press on it for me. If they fail to do so by mid week I'll be calling them myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.