Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I live in Atlantic Canada so really need the undercoating done. I'm getting it done at my local CT - they use something like oil, but it doesn't drip and its clear. Used it on our other vehicles too, and always good luck.

That said, with the 4XE being hybrid - is there anything in particular that needs to be watched out for that I should mention to the mechanic?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
CT, like Krown? The biggest thing is not spraying the exhaust as they are trained not to do. Otherwise I can't imagine it hurting anything, if anything it would help. That's the purpose of the stuff, help stop corrosion.

Only thing I might ask is if corporate has any additional training for the 4Xe or at least Hybrids. But realistically there isn't anything to avoid.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CT, like Krown? The biggest thing is not spraying the exhaust as they are trained not to do. Otherwise I can't imagine it hurting anything, if anything it would help. That's the purpose of the stuff, help stop corrosion.

Only thing I might ask is if corporate has any additional training for the 4Xe or at least Hybrids. But realistically there isn't anything to avoid.
Good to know, thank you.

CT stands for Canadian Tire - its a huge store here in Canada, kind of like Wal-Mart but for auto stuff, tools, home and pets and they all have a huge service garage. I know the mechanic there really well.

The undercoating they use is called Corrosion Free, its a clear type of undercoating (not rubber) but not oil. I've used it on my last 3 vehicles and had no issues.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey guys,

I live in Atlantic Canada so really need the undercoating done. I'm getting it done at my local CT - they use something like oil, but it doesn't drip and its clear. Used it on our other vehicles too, and always good luck.

That said, with the 4XE being hybrid - is there anything in particular that needs to be watched out for that I should mention to the mechanic?

Thanks in advance
Get the Y46 check done at the dealership first. It's a connector under the vehicle that may have a rolled seal from the factory. The undercoating may cover it up and have to be removed during the inspection.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get the Y46 check done at the dealership first. It's a connector under the vehicle that may have a rolled seal from the factory. The undercoating may cover it up and have to be removed during the inspection.
Called the dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about. Any other terminology I can use?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, in the States it was called the Y46 recall. But like any recall, it's VIN specific so maybe you're beyond that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts