Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its already June and some car makers are already on to the 2022 model year. I know that the 4xe is our next vehicle and first Jeep. I am just thinking at this point to wait for a 2022 since I will not be leasing. Does anyone know when I can expect to see a 2022.
I am sure that there will not be many if any changes for the new year. I would just rather have a one year newer vehicle to maximize future value.

Thanks

·
Registered
White Ruby
9 Posts
With the chip shortage and price changes etc all going on, I went and grabbed one off the lot. There were only 3 in a 100 mile radius that I could find, didn’t want to chance waiting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
With the chip shortage and price changes etc all going on, I went and grabbed one off the lot. There were only 3 in a 100 mile radius that I could find, didn’t want to chance waiting.
There were very few Rubicons in my area and they were stacked with options I didn't want. I'm willing to wait for my order of exactly what I wanted to come in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If Jeep adds another $2-3k price increase to the 2022 4xe model year like they did with 2021's in May, waiting may not gain you anything on the depreciation curve as you can take the $3k hit as either a price increase or model year depreciation. You may get a new color or content options on 2022's if you have a favorite color from the past as Jeep tends to recycle unique colors each year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the biggest unknown is the proposed $12,500 EV rebate. If it passes, there will be an additional $5000 saving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the biggest unknown is the proposed $12,500 EV rebate. If it passes, there will be an additional $5000 saving.
I am not leasing, so if this $12500 credit gets passed and I purchase I could get that when I do my taxes next year

1 - 6 of 6 Posts