Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its already June and some car makers are already on to the 2022 model year. I know that the 4xe is our next vehicle and first Jeep. I am just thinking at this point to wait for a 2022 since I will not be leasing. Does anyone know when I can expect to see a 2022.
I am sure that there will not be many if any changes for the new year. I would just rather have a one year newer vehicle to maximize future value.

Thanks

·
Registered
White Ruby
17 Posts
With the chip shortage and price changes etc all going on, I went and grabbed one off the lot. There were only 3 in a 100 mile radius that I could find, didn’t want to chance waiting.

·
Registered
88 Posts
With the chip shortage and price changes etc all going on, I went and grabbed one off the lot. There were only 3 in a 100 mile radius that I could find, didn’t want to chance waiting.
There were very few Rubicons in my area and they were stacked with options I didn't want. I'm willing to wait for my order of exactly what I wanted to come in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If Jeep adds another $2-3k price increase to the 2022 4xe model year like they did with 2021's in May, waiting may not gain you anything on the depreciation curve as you can take the $3k hit as either a price increase or model year depreciation. You may get a new color or content options on 2022's if you have a favorite color from the past as Jeep tends to recycle unique colors each year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the biggest unknown is the proposed $12,500 EV rebate. If it passes, there will be an additional $5000 saving.
I am not leasing, so if this $12500 credit gets passed and I purchase I could get that when I do my taxes next year

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't wait, there's just as good a chance that the incentives will be worse depending on your personal finances and if it continues to be a hot seller, they may raise prices again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So quick question - let's say I purchase one in 2021 (I'm not leasing because I plan to use it as a Jeep, i.e. - 4 wheeling and no carpet), how long is the tax credit in tax years good for? I probably could google this, but figured I would ask here. In theory, say I get a refund in 2021 from deductions (not a standard deduction), and then in 2022 I set my withholding to modify my taxable income to use the credit, would it apply to the following year?

·
Registered
33 Posts
So quick question - let's say I purchase one in 2021 (I'm not leasing because I plan to use it as a Jeep, i.e. - 4 wheeling and no carpet), how long is the tax credit in tax years good for? I probably could google this, but figured I would ask here. In theory, say I get a refund in 2021 from deductions (not a standard deduction), and then in 2022 I set my withholding to modify my taxable income to use the credit, would it apply to the following year?
No, it's only good for the year you take delivery of the vehicle. There's no carryover. So if you tax owed is less than $7500, you won't get the full $7500 credit towards your taxes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts