Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my first hybrid (5th wrangler) and wondering about charge levels and if anyone else is experiencing what I am. When I do a full charge and then go for a drive the battery percentage drops down a bit pretty quick. It goes from 25 miles electric quickly down to 22 miles. Then it seems to level off a bit and decrease normally. Anyone else notice this?

Second, when I park the car overnight (and don't have it plugged in) I lose a good 2-5% by morning. Is this also normal? Vampire drain? Any settings recommends to help prevent any of these issues? I've reached out to jeep but heard nothing back yet. Any info would be great! I'm hoping I don't have a bad battery pack or something. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I usually have 99% in the morning. The 25->22 mile thing is likely the estimate updating based on how you are driving - it does change with habits.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone,

This is my first hybrid (5th wrangler) and wondering about charge levels and if anyone else is experiencing what I am. When I do a full charge and then go for a drive the battery percentage drops down a bit pretty quick. It goes from 25 miles electric quickly down to 22 miles. Then it seems to level off a bit and decrease normally. Anyone else notice this?

Second, when I park the car overnight (and don't have it plugged in) I lose a good 2-5% by morning. Is this also normal? Vampire drain? Any settings recommends to help prevent any of these issues? I've reached out to jeep but heard nothing back yet. Any info would be great! I'm hoping I don't have a bad battery pack or something. Thanks!
Need more information: was the vehicle parked outside in cold or heat? There is some temperature conditioning of the battery that happens, but that may only happen when plugged in. Also, cold quickly reduces the performance of all batteries so this could account for a slight drop as well. I think a safe assumption is that the mileage and battery % level instruments are NOT precision instruments and that your Jeep is OK. When the battery level monitor reads "<1%", it is widely accepted that an actual reserve level is close to 15%. Jeep is not the only one to design "dumbed down" instruments for its "dumb" owners. Probably in some test group, if the battery always showed a 15% reserve, some owners would not feel a need to ever charge the battery which would defeat any benefits of the hybrid design, so it's easier just to say "<1%" - get a charge!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Need more information: was the vehicle parked outside in cold or heat? There is some temperature conditioning of the battery that happens, but that may only happen when plugged in. Also, cold quickly reduces the performance of all batteries so this could account for a slight drop as well. I think a safe assumption is that the mileage and battery % level instruments are NOT precision instruments and that your Jeep is OK. When the battery level monitor reads "<1%", it is widely accepted that an actual reserve level is close to 15%. Jeep is not the only one to design "dumbed down" instruments for its "dumb" owners. Probably in some test group, if the battery always showed a 15% reserve, some owners would not feel a need to ever charge the battery which would defeat any benefits of the hybrid design, so it's easier just to say "<1%" - get a charge!
I've been searching to see if this can be pulled off ODB2. But there is nothing out there on any jeep models at all when it comes to ODB2 monitoring. I even tried finding Pacifica codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts