Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my brand new Wrangler back at the dealership for a 2nd time with a CEL. First time it pulled something to do with camshaft positioning sensor. They cleared it out and did some type of update. Sensor stayed off for a week and then out of nowhere popped back on. This time it shows the camshaft positioning sensor along with some type “hidden code”. IDK. Was told it’s a bad PCM. Haven’t seen any threads on this yet. Am I the first?? Currently estimating 4 weeks for the part to come in and I am unable to drive the vehicle while we wait for fear of possibly messing something else up. Few months old and less than 2k miles. Very frustrating for a vehicle that was nearly $64k. @JeepCares any help??!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just had my brand new Wrangler back at the dealership for a 2nd time with a CEL. First time it pulled something to do with camshaft positioning sensor. They cleared it out and did some type of update. Sensor stayed off for a week and then out of nowhere popped back on. This time it shows the camshaft positioning sensor along with some type “hidden code”. IDK. Was told it’s a bad PCM. Haven’t seen any threads on this yet. Am I the first?? Currently estimating 4 weeks for the part to come in and I am unable to drive the vehicle while we wait for fear of possibly messing something else up. Few months old and less than 2k miles. Very frustrating for a vehicle that was nearly $64k. @JeepCares any help??!
Thanks for tagging us, we can certainly assist you. Please follow up in private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
201 Posts
@JeepCares
I sent you a message with no response yet..?
Hi, Lowrd05, I will be following up with you there shortly. Please keep in mind, this is a messaging system and not chat so our responses are delayed and I get to them in the order they are received. Thanks for understanding.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am going through the same situation. Mine has been in service since June 11. They couldn't figure it out at first, and came to the conclusion that it's a bad PCM. I read in another thread on here that they were having the same problems as me, and the conclusion was a bent pin in the harness going to the PCM. Hoping I'm not waiting on a PCM and it's something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts