Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Has anyone heard anything as to the changes ( other than higher prices ) the 2022 model year might bring ? The order books open up on OCT 6th.
Nothing yet. Possibly Uconnect 5. Pure speculation on my part but I wouldn’t expect major cosmetic changes and don’t think we’d be getting an interior update just yet. Probably price, trims and colors. With demand far exceeding supply, it’s not terribly necessary to push a meaningful refresh.

·
Registered
901 Posts
While Uconnect 4 is laughable in a modern car I don't think we'd see Uconnect 5 until 23 or 24.

Then there is all the compatibility for lower trim levels they'd need to account for, space for larger screens, etc.

Although, the Bronco is much more modern. So they may try to accelerate some things.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Apparently a new color: Tuscadero
View attachment 2019
Tuscadero is already available on the 2021s, and is limited edition. If anything I’d expect it to go away with 2022 (along with Gecko, which is also limited edition).

Edit: ohhh interesting catch on the photo there, it says “2022 pre-production model (left)” which is bizarre to me because it appears to be a render. Why would they render a mix of 2022 and 2021 models? What’s different about that Sahara that they had to specify 2022? I don’t spot anything… maybe the fender DRLs are smoked?

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xE, White
146 Posts
While Uconnect 4 is laughable in a modern car I don't think we'd see Uconnect 5 until 23 or 24.

Then there is all the compatibility for lower trim levels they'd need to account for, space for larger screens, etc.

Although, the Bronco is much more modern. So they may try to accelerate some things.
What's a Bronco ;-)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a MY21 on order and hoping for delivery at the end of the month. Since MY22 orders open up on Oct 6, now considering waiting to get a one year newer model. Thoughts on what I should do?

·
68 Posts
Given the chip and parts shortages that are continuing to plague the automotive industry, I really doubt they'll be many changes to the '22 models. What I do see likely happening is 1) overall price increases across all models and 2) changing some standard features on the '21 models to being additional add-ons that will also raise the prices.

I could see the second part happening to components that are harder to source and may be impacting the build times of the lineup.

That's fairly typical for most manufacturers, to load up the first model year to drive sales, then remove standard features in later model years.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Couple questions from a guy about to order:

(1) How do you know Ocotber 6? My dealer says they don't know, which could be sales BS or real, I don't know.
(2) What makes you think price increase for no real upgrades except that pink color? Just general thinking? They've been increasing all year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.