Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
After my experience with Mr. Burger, the JB4 would be last piece of hardware ever put in my Jeep.
Sounds like you did not have a good experience but you never hear if problems with them and I've used their products for years.

My original jb4 is now on my 6th Audi and they support as if it was new. George is extremely responsive and they are very transparent about what they can and cannot do.

·
Registered
428 Posts
tyler, just a heads up, I full throttle brake torque launched out of a turn last night and got a ton of wheelspin, the 1-2 shift was incredibly slow. Sounds like that’s what you were experiencing.

normally I do not get that much wheel spin and the shift is pretty quick.

I have no idea how you were getting so much wheel spin at an actual drag strip. I don’t get that much on the street. Maybe the track was slippery.

still pretty convinced full throttle brake torque is the way to go, no other method seems to come close

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sounds like you did not have a good experience but you never hear if problems with them and I've used their products for years.

My original jb4 is now on my 6th Audi and they support as if it was new. George is extremely responsive and they are very transparent about what they can and cannot do.
The adage just because something works on other platforms means it will work on another platform is very wrong especially when it comes to FCA/stellantis platforms. Do you tune GPEC Jeep PCMs. Jeep/stellantis uses very specific torque management programming on some of their platforms. I've exposed this on the KL and UF platforms. I won't get in to it here but the premise is very simple to explain. If the PCM or TCM senses power above stock parameters it kicks torque management in and brings the power back to stock levels. As for burger tuning, I'd never trust them as I caught them lying and basically talking out of their ass about their alleged "tuning" of the ZF9 transmission in the Jeep KL platform. Again piggyback tuners don't work on most of the jeep platforms. Proof is on YouTube of people that have tried.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
After watching this again

Lol at how much time it’s in second gear, and how long 3rd gear is comparatively.

Man, I bet some smaller tires (or shorter diff ratios) that make 3rd gear top out at 61mph, and then starting in 2nd, would make this thing fly to 60
You might be on to something I've done some impromptu launches in 2nd, its actually impressive. I made a day trip to the track today, although it might rain I'm going to try some 2nd gear launches with logging and see if that makes a difference

21 - 25 of 25 Posts