Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a curious question pop into my head after I looked at how much spare room there is in the engine bay of the 4xE. If the there was a Eco Diesel Hybrid instead of the I4, how many of you would have spent $3500 (current cost of the upgrade) more to have that option.

It would have the following stats w/the current battery size.

EcoDiesel eTorque 4xE - 345HP and 600lbs Torque

As others have said a diesel hybrid be a perfect car to justify if increased my tow capacity to ~9000 lbs for only $3500. Hybrid gas engines make more sense because they complement(flatten) the torque curve of an electric motor better than diesel, which would see an unnecessary amount of low end torque... which is exactly why I would unnecessarily buy it.

(Hemi 392 eTorque 4xE - 500HP and 585lbs is a future option in the $100k wagoneer)

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
511 Posts
Nope. I can’t believe you think there is spare room in the engine compartment. Cause mine is completely full. You’re not gonna get 9,000lb towing capacity. Anyway, I think my 4xe is perfect powertrain wise.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. I can’t believe you think there is spare room in the engine compartment. Cause mine is completely full. You’re not gonna get 9,000lb towing capacity. Anyway, I think my 4xe is perfect powertrain wise.
Dream crusher ;)

I also think the powertrain is great... but I can't (more shouldn't) really pull anything I own so I still have to have a pickup.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
511 Posts
Yep, I know exactly where you’re coming from. Traded my F250 for the 4xe. Life without a truck bed and pull anything I want is tough to adapt to.🙁 But never buying gas is a spectacular trade off!🤩

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think one of the goals with the 4xe was to have a very smooth or transparent operation when the ICE was blended in. I don't think a diesel engine would be ideal in that respect.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I had a curious question pop into my head after I looked at how much spare room there is in the engine bay of the 4xE. If the there was a Eco Diesel Hybrid instead of the I4, how many of you would have spent $3500 (current cost of the upgrade) more to have that option.

It would have the following stats w/the current battery size.

EcoDiesel eTorque 4xE - 345HP and 600lbs Torque

As others have said a diesel hybrid be a perfect car to justify if increased my tow capacity to ~9000 lbs for only $3500. Hybrid gas engines make more sense because they complement(flatten) the torque curve of an electric motor better than diesel, which would see an unnecessary amount of low end torque... which is exactly why I would unnecessarily buy it.

(Hemi 392 eTorque 4xE - 500HP and 585lbs is a future option in the $100k wagoneer)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those engines are not good,adding def fluid,oil changes are expensive,fuel filters every 15,000 miles,not impressed.

·
Registered
378 Posts
the 4xe is the regular wrangler plus ev , if i count the gas miles only it is so lala but with the ev and hybrid mode is the BURNER 👹
🔥🔥🔥

1 - 10 of 10 Posts