Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE check engine light 1500 miles

6K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  Sarge4xe 
#1 ·
If you were waiting for the 2023 model in the hopes that Stellantis finally got their shit together, you were waiting for nothing. 3 years of the same thing.
1500 miles of light driving and mall crawling and now have a check engine light that isn't the gas cap.

Dealers are booked out for weeks and can't see the car I'm almost forced to go to a private mechanic out of pocket to avoid any further issues.

First Jeep, last Jeep.

#7 ·
Generally I'd recommend that also, but there are several common issues that will throw a code a generic code reader won't pick up. If it's a gas cap sort of thing, that would be readable at a store. If it's a failed coolant heater, you'd need a more advanced reader than stores generally have. Doesn't hurt to try first though.

#8 ·
Generally I'd recommend that also, but there are several common issues that will throw a code a generic code reader won't pick up. If it's a gas cap sort of thing, that would be readable at a store. If it's a failed coolant heater, you'd need a more advanced reader than stores generally have. Doesn't hurt to try first though.
That's good to know about the capability of the reader, I just assumed they were all the same and read you all the codes. Either way, couldn't hurt if a store is nearby. I think too many people freak out about CEL, including myself, especially with a new vehicle. I still can't believe it was myself that didn't tighten my gas cap all the way...

#20 ·
Update on my Check engine light, took it to auto zone to get scanned…apparently it’s an EVAP system leak. Wtf…I also suspected that maybe the Costco gas is a no for the Jeep & that I should start buying better gas but I don’t know if that would make a difference with anything related to this 😅
Brown Font Technology Paper Brand

#25 ·
Hi! Thanks y’all. It finally turned off on its own. After a few days. I suspected it may have also been the gas quality. I was using Costco 😅, and used a fuel cleaner around the same time it turned on. Can anyone recommend what gas they use. Online it says recommend premium and the manual says 87.

#26 ·
Your gas cap was loose. The loose gas cap causes an evap leak. You got a check engine code for an evap leak.

After fixing the evap leak, the jeep has to go through a specific set of driving test scenarios before it will clear. It can take several days of driving for that to happen.

I use almost exclusively costco 87 grade.

#32 ·
Got the same exact problem right around 1400 miles and - coincidently -after getting gas at Costco. Reseated the cap but a week later the light it still on. Since NJ thinks I’m not responsible enough to pump my own, I’ll have to make sure attendants get the cap on nice and tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.