Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally I drive in 4H Auto but flipped over to 2H today and noticed the gear indicator in the lower left corner of the center info display doesn't say "2H". It is just blank. When I change to 4H auto, 2H part time and 4 low the center display says the gear. Is this normal?

·
Registered
225 Posts
So what's the purpose again of the 4h auto and the 4h manual
4h auto allows use of 4wd on the road or surfaces with no slip - doesn't lock the transfer case in a 50/50 f/r torque split, 4h used on surfaces with no slip can cause binding and/or driveline issues, locks the transfer case in a 50/50 f/r torque split. 4h is for sand, snow, ice, dirt.....usual trail conditions that don't require 4 low.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what's the purpose again of the 4h auto and the 4h manual
4H Auto is basically all wheel drive. I typically only use 4H Auto since the vehicle is more responsive and handles better. The other 4H Part Time is for off road when you want all four wheels to spin equally. The 4H Auto will allow each wheel to spin individually depending on which wheel is lacking traction.

·
Registered
260 Posts
4H Auto is basically all wheel drive. I typically only use 4H Auto since the vehicle is more responsive and handles better. The other 4H Part Time is for off road when you want all four wheels to spin equally. The 4H Auto will allow each wheel to spin individually depending on which wheel is lacking traction.
Do you loose more gas mileage in 4 auto it would seem like it would?

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
218 Posts
Nope, haven't noticed a difference but to be fair 90% of my driving has been in 4auto. I definitely prefer the way it drives in 4auto.
Both Car & Driver and Motortrend note that you need to be in 4H Auto for maximum acceleration capabilities. Apparently there is some sort of limiter in place when in 2H.

Edit....meant to reply to Grimm...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts