Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Curious into what mode is being used by others for daily driving ?
2H or
4H Auto
Is there a significant difference in power consumption - Gas or electrical
Will battery be depleted quicker on 4H Auto ?

Best,
Alberto

·
Registered
2021 JLU 4xe HA
26 Posts
During an interview with a Jeep engineer, Jeep said they almost didn't included the 2H, like the 392. He said you might only notice a mile or two difference, but that 4H can be ran full time. Of course, you only really get the most torque and power from a stop in 4H :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I heard him say that as well. Still wondering how they can make that work - only losing a mile or 2 sounds pretty good to gain all that power and torque.

·
Registered
2021 JLU 4xe HA
26 Posts
I thought I heard him say that as well. Still wondering how they can make that work - only losing a mile or 2 sounds pretty good to gain all that power and torque.
Thats the crux though. With more power, and us gunning it, you will lose way more than 1-2 mpg. I don't think you can really tell a difference at highway speeds between 2H and 4H. Its more the stop and go, which is where you loose the most MPG

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
58 Posts
I run 2H, because I’m almost always in full electric, and in the dry hot summer there’s no reason to need 4A. But if I know I’m going to be going fast or accelerating hard, I’ll drop it into hybrid and 4A.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I suspect 4H Auto engages the front axle to the differential so it turns at all times. So there would be some parasitic loss while in that mode. Basically like driving JK around in 2H (since those don't have the front axle disconnect like the JLs have)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Isn't the top speed for 4H (whether auto or part-time) supposed to be 45-50 mph? Or in auto it just won't engage above that speed?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Isn't the top speed for 4H (whether auto or part-time) supposed to be 45-50 mph? Or in auto it just won't engage above that speed?
Yes for 4H Hi, no for 4H Auto.
4H Auto is basically AWD. There is no issue driving it in 4H Auto full time

·
Registered
175 Posts
I thought 4A was 2H until it detected you need 4HI and kicks it on?
Yes. Basically, 4H Auto means two wheel drive until the system feels it needs to kick in 4 wheel drive, which is how many Typical standard 4WD cars work (like the RAV4) systems work. 4H full means the 4WD is locked in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts