Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has happened about five times now, but while I'm driving I hear three loud beeps with no indication on the dash that anything is wrong. Has anybody else heard this? I have a SR 4xe...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yep—it’s either a speed trap or a red light camera. If you have the main display showing navigation, a message pops up there very briefly to explain it; otherwise, it chimes with no apparent explanation (and the manual doesn’t mention that it does this either).

I think that notification should really be shown on the cluster screen.

·
Registered
118 Posts
lol I got this for the first time today and YES just prior to it I switched on the speeding alert. Well that crap is being turned off, it scared the hell out of me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Where do you turn it off? I thought I went through all of the options and I cannot find that setting to turn it off
It's not in the Safety settings you come to first... I honestly forget where it is, sorry. I had a hard time re-finding it again. Somewhere in Vehicle though I think. I sat at the park one day and went through everything to set it up like I wanted.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No, it is the speed warning. Somewhere near you probably has that set for 15mph. I've not run into anything else that's 3 beeps like that that isn't the speed warning. I hit it a LOT and I was going just over the posted speed limit.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, it is the speed warning. Somewhere near you probably has that set for 15mph. I've not run into anything else that's 3 beeps like that that isn't the speed warning. I hit it a LOT and I was going just over the posted speed limit.
It was a school zone, I think that set it off. But I have found no way to turn this setting off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It was a school zone, I think that set it off. But I have found no way to turn this setting off.
Oh yeah that'll do it. Ok I googled it, and it is either in "assisted driving" or "navigation" settings. I think it's in Navigation though because it needs the maps to know what speed limits are. So maybe try those spots!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oh yeah that'll do it. Ok I googled it, and it is either in "assisted driving" or "navigation" settings. I think it's in Navigation though because it needs the maps to know what speed limits are. So maybe try those spots!
It does need map data, but it has nothing to do with speed limits or whether or not you’re exceeding them: the map data just indicates that there’s a speed camera or red light camera there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts