Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m wondering if it can be an issue by not getting gas yet ? I have used the jeep in the default hybrid mode every day and plug in daily but I’ve yet to use gas .. I do live close to work and have not gone on any long trips yet

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m also curious since using mostly electric/hybrid would that reduce the oil change intervals since I’m using the electric motor ?

·
Registered
402 Posts
They are Fuel Stabilizer available to buy , they can work up to 1-3 Years. One common Product is STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer .
I use it for my Motorhome and Lawn Equipment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh yeah. I’m at 4700 miles and I still have 78% of oil life left.
Since you have a lot of miles on your 4xe already, I'm curious of the actual condition of the oil what with the turbo and direct injection affecting things. Would you entertain doing an oil analysis when at, say, 50% oil life? I'd done that on a highly boosted Audi many years ago through an aviation mechanic buddy with whomever they used (ALS Global maybe).

Thanks for all your 4xe vids and posts thus far!

·
Registered
720 Posts
This thread has me thinking, the last time I got gas was way before the pipeline shutdown.

** Edit **

I just checked and it was May 2nd, so I'm pushing two months and 1200 miles. I've got about 1/3 tank left

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
604 Posts
It really is great for short trips here and there in town. I’m at 1200 miles as well on a tank and a half. Exactly as I had envisioned my 4xe usage.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm driving up to Blueridge in 3 weeks and will be fully loaded with people and cargo. I'm curious to see what the range will be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I received my 4xe in July and still had about 3/4 tank of the original gas the dealer put in it. I had gone ~1600 miles before the refresh fuel and oil message came on mid October and wouldn't turn off until I put in 4 gallons. I am currently running in e-save mode to get he gas down to 1/4 tank before switching back to all electric.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts