Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Sahara and was thinking about going a little larger on the tires.
Has anyone gone up a size to 33s? Did it have a negative effect on battery range? If so, how much? Also, what would the corresponding metric sizes be? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No problem. A lot of members have done it. Still waiting for my 4xe, but I already have my Rubicon take offs, in 33in. Looks like there is a very slightly effect on range, since the tires are heavier LTs and the tread is more agressive. Around 5-10% from what I've read. YMMV, P-rated 32.6" like some 285/70R17 will be less affected than 33.0" heavy LT tires like 275/60R20 E-load ones !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anything that affects fuel economy affects electric range. So lift kits, bigger tires, rougher treads, extra weight, etc. will all have an effect.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have seen no noticeable effects - running Rubicon takeoffs - I am sure in theory there is a difference with the increased rolling resistance but nothing I have been able to measure at this point. (1K miles with stock tires and now 2.3K with these)

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Car

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven't gone on any longer road trips to measure the difference. Did go for a smaller trip this weekend and it seemed to have a small impact on MPG, but it's hard to tell on a limited drive.

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
21 JL Rubicon 4xe on 38” Nitto Ridge Grapplers
24 Posts
I have the Sahara and was thinking about going a little larger on the tires.
Has anyone gone up a size to 33s? Did it have a negative effect on battery range? If so, how much? Also, what would the corresponding metric sizes be? Thanks in advance.
33 is the standard Rubicon Tire size

1 - 9 of 9 Posts