Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out bigger tires on their stock 4xe? Thinking of getting 33" tires in the stock 20s. Post some pics and specs and let me know of it's rub free.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
42 Posts
Anyone out bigger tires on their stock 4xe? Thinking of getting 33" tires in the stock 20s. Post some pics and specs and let me know of it's rub free.
Did you mean 35” tires? 33” are equivalent to Rubicon’s stock 285s.

·
Registered
171 Posts
A guy on the JL forum did a 275/60-20 on this 4xe Sahara, stock wheels (umm, I believe that's a 33", I' used to the metric specs). So same width, but a 60 vs. a 55 profile, said zero issues (apparently the 4xe sit ~1" higher OOTB).

Looks great, it was a Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, a good bit more aggressive for offroad use (which supposedly still being very street friendly).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A guy on the JL forum did a 275/60-20 on this 4xe Sahara, stock wheels (umm, I believe that's a 33", I' used to the metric specs). So same width, but a 60 vs. a 55 profile, said zero issues (apparently the 4xe sit ~1" higher OOTB).

Looks great, it was a Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, a good bit more aggressive for offroad use (which supposedly still being very street friendly).
Any link? Thanks 👍

·
Registered
171 Posts
33x12.5 on the stock 20” rims . Toto All Terrain Extreme! Rides great!
Dang, that seems like a really wide tire for the stock 20x8" wheels. I mean, I'm used to performance car fitments - like my GT setup is a 285/35 on a 20x10" (front), and a 305/35 on a 20x11" (rear), but I realize there's a decent amount of sidewall bulge "allowed" on a truck/SUV fitment (and you're not running Sebring in a Jeep ...)

A 12.5" is 317.5mm, seems like that should at least use a 10" wide wheel[?]

Again, not my wheelhouse (er, pun sorted of intended :ROFLMAO: ) so maybe it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whoever owns that black one in the above picture... can you post some additional pictures along with the details of the tires....?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I found a bunch of people running different setups on their JL High altitude which has the same rims as ours. Ranged from 275 to 285 to 305 with no rubbing reported. I'll post some specs here soon. Im thinking 285 for mine as I want a wider tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m also interested in this question.
Got my 4xe Sahara about a month ago.
20” rims look nice around town, but certainly not appropriate for off-road/overlanding.
I want to go 285/70R17s, but am hoping to put off lifting for now. I am fairly certain I’ll be OK in terms of clearance in the wells, but am still wondering about suspension clearance. If anyone here has wisdom to share about this, I’d be obliged. Wondering if I could do Rubi take-offs (which is a far more economical option), or whether I’ll need less offset/more backspace to make sure there’s no rubbing when flexed.
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts