Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I got my 4xe Sahara high altitude in early May and do love it even though its had some minor issues. I had popping noise when I would turn and it was not incorrect torqued bolts but a bad ball joint on the driver side. That was fixed but they still have not been able to identify this odd creak/chirp sound when I hit bumps. Sometimes its just the creak then its the chirp or both. The dealer and I both believe it was something to do with the back seat bench and not the suspension since they say they checked all that out. They even thought it was the back window and did something on it. I do feel when I have weight in the back seat or someone sitting it goes away or is less pronounced sounding. Has anyone else heard this noise? I have to have no radio on and its just when you hit bumps. I also noticed yesterday when I went to honk at a friend with my right hand the horn didnt work. I tried it several times then when I hit it with my left hand it easily honked. I played around and pressing gently left or down it honks easily if I press on the horn upward or right it doesnt do it unless i press really really hard i got it to work. It technically works just not easily on the right side or up so not sure if I should have that looked at? I have been reading on here about lose fuses I wonder if I need to check any of mine as I have not yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,

I got my 4xe Sahara high altitude in early May and do love it even though its had some minor issues. I had popping noise when I would turn and it was not incorrect torqued bolts but a bad ball joint on the driver side. That was fixed but they still have not been able to identify this odd creak/chirp sound when I hit bumps. Sometimes its just the creak then its the chirp or both. The dealer and I both believe it was something to do with the back seat bench and not the suspension since they say they checked all that out. They even thought it was the back window and did something on it. I do feel when I have weight in the back seat or someone sitting it goes away or is less pronounced sounding. Has anyone else heard this noise? I have to have no radio on and its just when you hit bumps. I also noticed yesterday when I went to honk at a friend with my right hand the horn didnt work. I tried it several times then when I hit it with my left hand it easily honked. I played around and pressing gently left or down it honks easily if I press on the horn upward or right it doesnt do it unless i press really really hard i got it to work. It technically works just not easily on the right side or up so not sure if I should have that looked at? I have been reading on here about lose fuses I wonder if I need to check any of mine as I have not yet.

I hear the same type of noise when hitting bumps in the rear passenger side seat. When I drive with the seat folded up, exposing the battery, I don't hear it. Put it back down, the noise will come back. I cannot figure out what is causing the creak. I do see styrofoam that is a bit loose, but have yet to determine the case.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Zero Noise here, i make sure that the rear seat belts don't clonk but thats it . Maybe check the horn with the remote alarm if it works at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts