Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just purchased the 2” Mopar kit from just for Jeep’s 3 days ago and the description is:
4 Dr 4xe 2.0L Hybrid - Mopar # 77072522

How do I know if this is the recalled kit or if it has the updated springs?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ask the parts department to give you the mopar toll free number. They can tell you for sure. Unfortunately, the mopar lift is the only one at the market because the 4xe is almost 900lbs more than the standard wrangler.

mom waiting if the taraflex lift

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ask the parts department to give you the mopar toll free number. They can tell you for sure. Unfortunately, the mopar lift is the only one at the market because the 4xe is almost 900lbs more than the standard wrangler.

mom waiting if the taraflex lift
Called the Mopar line and was told there is no direct line to Mopar and that I was calling their general service dept. they said to do a chat online, I chatted with their agent and was told to email their parts dept. so waiting on a response. Also did see the same part number listed on the mopar website.

also don’t know if it is more rubicon’s that are experiencing the bow or if it effects High Altitudes, that is what I have and plan on getting lifted on Friday. Guess I’ll wait and see and let everyone know lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
The mopar lift is great for the a high altitude mall crawler. But the mopar shocks will get real hot and ineffective with decent off road use.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
74 Posts
Waiting for Teraflex to come out with a 4xe Rubicon lift. I was initially thinking of using the Mopar lift, but lost confidence in it.

Some have already done a off the shelf TeraFlex lift kit, and added spacers to their springs to offset the 4xe weight.

If you don’t want spacers, couldn’t a good shop just order better springs on the side of any off the shelf wrangler lift kit, to accommodate the additional weight of the 4xe without putting in spacers? The springs must be the cheapest part of any lift kit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Waiting for Teraflex to come out with a 4xe Rubicon lift. I was initially thinking of using the Mopar lift, but lost confidence in it.

Some have already done a off the shelf TeraFlex lift kit, and added spacers to their springs to offset the 4xe weight.

If you don’t want spacers, couldn’t a good shop just order better springs on the side of any off the shelf wrangler lift kit, to accommodate the additional weight of the 4xe without putting in spacers? The springs must be the cheapest part of any lift kit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I saw some guy on YouTube do a lift with spacers and then he had to get made a custom drive shaft. I’m just very Leary to run out the door and put some Frankenstein lift kit on a 4xe and a year later something happens and the springs sag or something majorly expensive breaks. I just want something tested and bulletproof. I don’t want to be stranded in the wilderness.

·
Registered
58 Posts
you guys should look in the builds thread. There are some good lifts out there right now. And many spacer lifts that also work perfectly fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the lift installed, everything looked fine when I picked the vehicle up, short highway ride home and noticed the passenger spring is no longer centered and rubbing, brought it back to the shop today but it won’t be looked at until Monday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts