Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - I have seen the Jeep accessories conversion thread but i still have 2 questions i cant seem to find answers to:
  1. Mudflaps: my 4xe Sahara throws an incredible amount of mud and dirt up the side of the Jeep. I have the Mopar 82215164AB side steps. my question is... do the mudflaps really make a difference on this spray of crap up the side (worst on rear fender flares). I see that they are not supposed to work with rock rails but i cannot get an answer if they will play nice with the side steps installed.
  2. The Gobi roof rack. I like the idea of how the gobi racks can pivot back to let you still enjoy the softtop in summer.... does anyone know if the 4xe gobi rack can pivot back like others i have seen? I'd like to put the soft top on for summer and have the rack to potentially hold my thule carrier or maybe even a rooftop tent

· Registered
23 Posts
I had the mopar guard kit - 82216494AA, and the 82216495AA in july '22; they don't fit, the dealership staff read - from the mopar website, these were for the 2022 PHEV 4xe. They were undersized and the bolt patterns did not line up at all, returned for full refund, I ordered hinge protectors from amazon.ca but am still on the lookout for quality mud guards for my '22 Rubi.

Can't help you on the Gobi, even though they have a brand new roof rack for the 4xe, I'm going with a rhino roof rack w a pioneer tray. BUT by the looks of how the Gobi is attached I'm not sure if they can pivot back without removing the attachment points on the front.

· Registered
2022 Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
63 Posts
OK - I have seen the Jeep accessories conversion thread but i still have 2 questions i cant seem to find answers to:
  1. Mudflaps: my 4xe Sahara throws an incredible amount of mud and dirt up the side of the Jeep. I have the Mopar 82215164AB side steps. my question is... do the mudflaps really make a difference on this spray of crap up the side (worst on rear fender flares). I see that they are not supposed to work with rock rails but i cannot get an answer if they will play nice with the side steps installed.
  2. The Gobi roof rack. I like the idea of how the gobi racks can pivot back to let you still enjoy the softtop in summer.... does anyone know if the 4xe gobi rack can pivot back like others i have seen? I'd like to put the soft top on for summer and have the rack to potentially hold my thule carrier or maybe even a rooftop tent
Got some RokBlokz for mine and seems to have made a significant difference. Was having the same problem beating up the painted rear fender flares (which shouldn’t have been painted to begin with imo). A little pricier than some other options like Weathertech but they seem to be high quality and easy to install/remove if that’s important to you. Also have the option to get the cutout for the Rubi rails so that shouldn’t be an issue.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got some RokBlokz for mine and seems to have made a significant difference. Was having the same problem beating up the painted rear fender flares (which shouldn’t have been painted to begin with imo). A little pricier than some other options like Weathertech but they seem to be high quality and easy to install/remove if that’s important to you. Also have the option to get the cutout for the Rubi rails so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Thanks - which size did you order - the XL? Would those fit the 4xe Sahara? Also… what is the material? Can I custom cut the rail room out - I worry getting the rail cutout would be specific for the JL - although I suppose there mwould be minimal difference between a JL and the 4xe?

· Registered
2022 Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
63 Posts
Thanks - which size did you order - the XL? Would those fit the 4xe Sahara? Also… what is the material? Can I custom cut the rail room out - I worry getting the rail cutout would be specific for the JL - although I suppose there mwould be minimal difference between a JL and the 4xe?
I ordered the standard size, the XL seemed like overkill with the stock Rubicon tires. They definitely will fit the Sahara 4xe, just order without the Rubi rail cutout. I think they’re a thick HDPE material. You could custom cut if you wanted but shouldn’t be any issue with compatibility between the JL and 4xe. I have a 4xe and the factory cut out worked perfectly.

· Registered
196 Posts
I have the factory mud flaps with the running boards on my Sahara and they work just fine. Not sure what the part number is. In Sask vehicles have to be sold with mud flaps so they were installed when I picked it up.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh - im in saskatoon but had to purchase my 4xe in canmore due to some crazyness with local dealer. they did not come with mudflaps.... i'll check pricing on the stock ones.. rokblokz are coming out to norht of 400.

· Registered
2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
4 Posts
I bought the Rokblokz with the cutouts for my Rubicon. Since I replaced the rock rails, I didn’t need to do the cutout, but it’s still an option in the future. The LOD Destroyer rails/steps attach to the underside of the Jeep, and there is a gap between it and the mud flap. The mud flaps attach in the wheel well. They do a great job keeping stuff off the side of my Jeep.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I’m not sure how the Sahara rails attach, but maybe this photo helps.

Rokblokz are not cheap, but they are very well made and easy to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts