Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am French and waiting for my rubicon 4xe (some weeks again argggg)

In France SP98 and SP95 are more and more expensive.
E85 is cheap, and works well in a lot of car. Old wrangler pentastar can be prepared for E85.

Does somebody tried E85 in the 2.0 of his 4XE without modification of the programmation ?

Thanks for your advice.

Chris

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello,

I am French and waiting for my rubicon 4xe (some weeks again argggg)

In France SP98 and SP95 are more and more expensive.
E85 is cheap, and works well in a lot of car. Old wrangler pentastar can be prepared for E85.

Does somebody tried E85 in the 2.0 of his 4XE without modification of the programmation ?

Thanks for your advice.

Chris
I use E85 or equivalent here in the States without any issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok, thank you very much for your answer.
Do you use 100% of E85 ? No problem in winter ? Does the consomation increase a lot ?
Thanks
I haven't really had it long enough to be able to answer either of those questions, unfortunately. I've driven mine on a longer trip only once in colder weather but had no data compare it to.

·
Registered
162 Posts
High compression engines (including ours) usually run way better on premium. Read the manual, it may void your warranty.
Regular octane is recommended for the 4xe. One advantage over the other Wranglers with the 2.0T that require premium.

I'm not sure about e85. That normally requires synthetic rubber hoses in the entire fuel system. Of course, I've been out of the biz for 15 years so all hoses may be synthetic now for emissions reasons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In France some guys propose a retuned to accept E85. Only new programmation, no mecanic modification.

But I have no return. Does somebody do it ?
I would be very hesitant about just a re-tune. Many manufacturers do not put the hardware on the little 2.0L to handle the amount of fuel the engine needs to run properly in e85. Research will have to be done on this if you want to do it. Now saying that, if the hardware is capable, you would be able too up the power in the 2.0L from 270hp to over 350+hp.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Lol, ad electric torque to that and the 4xe becomes a real sleeper. That would be 455 HP.

Here in the US e85 is priced to be a wash in cost per mpg.

Are there any markets where this 2.0L is running e85? Fuel pump and injectors may need upgrading and then we would have to be careful about fuel refresh intervals.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm beginning to think that certain export models may be required to run on E85. Some countries may have the requirement, but I'm pretty sure the US versions are normally not sold in the states to utilize e85 unmodified. It's not too far-fetched considering metal bumpers are not allowed in most of Europe. Check the window sticker or supplemental owners manual for clues if you are in France or Italy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts