Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I have a '18 JLU Rubicon and am ordering the 4xe Rubicon. Wondering if there is a difference in the backseat room/space/legroom/etc and the cargo space versus the 'regular' Rubicon? My current Rubicon does not have the sub in the back so there is a little loss there. Researching the threads I wasn't able to find a thread on this topic - sorry if I missed. I checked the Jeep site and ran a comparison between the two. It has some #s but not sure the comparison is detailed and 'real' enough. Wondering if anyone has some guidance or experience on this topic?

Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The 4xe seats don't fold flat with the rear compartment floor. They are about 6" higher when folded so you end up two different surface heights vs one large flat surface.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yes true. Remember seeing that in a few reviews on YouTube. The backseats fold differently, you lose a little bit of storage, with the battery right below the backseats. Have you noticed a material difference in the legroom, hip room, shoulder room with the 4xe versus the gas only JLU Rubicon? Or even the legroom in the front seats?
Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks! Yes true. Remember seeing that in a few reviews on YouTube. The backseats fold differently, you lose a little bit of storage, with the battery right below the backseats. Have you noticed a material difference in the legroom, hip room, shoulder room with the 4xe versus the gas only JLU Rubicon? Or even the legroom in the front seats?
Thanks again for the help!
Hey d|b,

This is my first wrangler so can’t speak to any direct comparisons but I can say that I was worried about adult usability of back seat until I recently sat in back with no issues, I’m 5’11” and the person in front of me was 6’6” and there was plenty of room for even extended road trips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My kids report to me that the backseat in my 2021 JLUR 4Xe is much more comfortable than in my 2018 JLUR. I would say that the front seats are the exact same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts