Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that my most used 4 buttons on my 4xe are the Hybrid, Electric, E-Save, and Max Regen.

And yet, I also find them the most difficult to reach and find while driving without being overly distracted since I can barely see any of them.

I so wish we could somehow relocate these onto the steering wheel!

I found these Rubber adhesive bumpers on Amazon which seems to have solved the issue for me, I put a different amount/shape on each of the buttons so that I can locate them without having to search for the buttons while I drive.

So if anyone else is having this issue, try these out

Plant Car Vehicle Automotive design Steering part
Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Registered
701 Posts
That's a good idea for feel.

I suspect the location was the one that worked best for manufacturing process. Which is why things like this can be a little janky when it comes to mass production.

Trying to find the hazard lights in an emergency can be a challenge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had my f150 for 2 years and I still have to look at the wheel every time to figure out the cruise control buttons. Smooth flat buttons I can't tell which is which. Gonna order a set of these to solve that problem. Thank you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Cool. Some dogs can be very judgmental, but based on your avatar you'll be ok. Those are great dogs!
But with my commute, I find that I need to switch between Hybrid, E-Save, and Max Regen since half my drive is highway with a mix of going above 70 mph and stop and go under 50mph. By being able to know exactly which switches I'm pressing on, I feel i've been able to focus more on the driving while trying to keep my average MPG above 30.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
596 Posts
Lol, I can remember 3 buttons in a row and feel for which one I want. Hybrid 99% of the time for me. The Max Regen is easy, plus it stays on now.
If you like it…cool!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find that my most used 4 buttons on my 4xe are the Hybrid, Electric, E-Save, and Max Regen.

And yet, I also find them the most difficult to reach and find while driving without being overly distracted since I can barely see any of them.

I so wish we could somehow relocate these onto the steering wheel!

I found these Rubber adhesive bumpers on Amazon which seems to have solved the issue for me, I put a different amount/shape on each of the buttons so that I can locate them without having to search for the buttons while I drive.

So if anyone else is having this issue, try these out

View attachment 2581 View attachment 2582
Great idea because I am always pushing the gas door button!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts