Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow 4xe owners!
Talked to my customer alignment shop to discuss what it will take to get rid of my 4xe's aggressive tendency to dive left on the left side of the roads crown. This is very annoying, and downright difficult to control in windy situations on the interstate when passing in the left lane. I prefer a more neutral caster set up in my vehicles where the diving tendency is more equal on either side of the crown.
In order to do this, my alignment guy needs caster adjustment which wranglers have none of from the factor. Adjustable lower control arms seem to be the answer to give the few degrees of caster freedom needed, but when i talked to the local 4 Wheel Parts shop, they said non of the aftermarket suspension manufacturers are not allowing them to use existing parts on the 4xe (she's a heavy girl were his words exactly, lol). I can understand because of the extra weight the spring and dampening rates being different, but are control arms really different too?
I followed up with a call to TeraFlex and the tech concurred...they need more time for testing for both the 4xe and 392 wranglers because they are seeing differences.
SOOO...long story short...anyone here swapping suspension parts yet, lower control arms in particular?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I know way less than you do but I had my service department do an alignment for pulling to the right. After the alignment it pulls worse to the right. Enough so it gets tiring. No matter the vehicle, I've always had bad luck with alignments.

In my case I think they just rushed the job since they had the jeep for a week and then tried to align it while I was waiting for pickup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts