Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I haven’t at home on the provided L1 charger, but I have at several ChargePoint stations. Sometimes the charge cable right next to it works though. Have submitted issues but I really don’t know why.

I did have trouble on one outlet at my house but the lights blinking told my I didn’t have proper ground, so I was at least able to troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, has anyone encountered a charging error? Two outer blinking lights. It won’t even charge battery while on esave and choose charge. Thanks
I got this twice at the same Volta charging station, so I switched to the another one and had no issues. I've used a couple other Voltas in the area, too, and had no issues which leads me to believe it is an issue with that particular charger/station. Make sure if you do encounter this at a public charging station that you report it so that it can be fixed for others.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, has anyone encountered a charging error? Two outer blinking lights. It won’t even charge battery while on esave and choose charge. Thanks
If you are using the at home charger/level 1. (If not I apologize). The outlet you plug into has to be grounded. If it is not, that is the error message you will receive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can check your outlet with one of these or similar tester for less than $10, first. Lowe’s, HD, most hardware stores.
also try a different outlet. And if you have something else plugged in to the same circuit, un-lug or turn them off.

Product Font Mobile phone Musical instrument Communication Device

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this error too at a campground trying to charge with the included level 1 charger. Definitely was that particular outlet because I went to the site next door and it charged perfectly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I brought it to the dealer today. They said 1 of the prong on the vehicle charging port is bent and needed to be replace. I hope this will solve the problem. Thanks for replies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have seen this error on numerous charge stations, including my home Level 2 juicebox - I had to remove the schedule that I had set up in my EV JuiceNet app or it just wouldn't work. This is my 3rd EV, and this isn't a problem on my other two vehicles. I feel like the smarter the charger is, the less likely it is to 'work', but this is just a theory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a note about the name of Jeep's parent company...

First, FCA stands for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. FCA was formed in 2014 when Fiat bought Chrysler Corporation (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Alfa Romeo, and a few others). So for over 7 years, Jeep's parent company was FCA.

Now, just to make things interesting, in early 2021, FCA merged with PSA Group (Peugeot and Citroen). The combined company is now called Stellantis. (By the way, a lot of automotive journalists didn't care for the new Stellantis name but, you have to admit, it sounds a LOT better than something like FCA-PSA. Or PSA-FCA.)

So, bottom line: who is Jeep's parent company now? It is Stellantis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have seen this error on numerous charge stations, including my home Level 2 juicebox - I had to remove the schedule that I had set up in my EV JuiceNet app or it just wouldn't work. This is my 3rd EV, and this isn't a problem on my other two vehicles. I feel like the smarter the charger is, the less likely it is to 'work', but this is just a theory.
Gettiig the exact same issue after install today. Dumb question here. How did you "remove the schedule" on the app? Do you mean you slide the TOU bar on Schedule to OFF? Or is there some other way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts