Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a stupid question but would it be possible in the future to convert a ICE into a 4XE or similar plugin in the future?

Currently have a 19 JL and love it, color, etc. modded it to my liking so I don’t want to sell it any time soon

BUTT, I always told myself, once the Wrangler goes plug-in or EV, I’m buying.

The thing holding me back on a 4XE is the electric range of 21 miles. I currently commute 46 miles a day, practically all highway and doing the math, I actually might start losing money because of it

So it seems like the 4XE might not be worth it for me in the current state but would it be possible to swap out the ICE for something better?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Probably a stupid question but would it be possible in the future to convert a ICE into a 4XE or similar plugin in the future?

Currently have a 19 JL and love it, color, etc. modded it to my liking so I don’t want to sell it any time soon

The thing holding me back on a 4XE is the electric range of 21 miles. I currently commute 46 miles a day, practically all highway and doing the math, I actually might start losing money because of it

So it seems like the 4XE might not be worth it for me in the current state but would it be possible to swap out the ICE for something better?
I would say most likely not without a substantial cost. by the time it is financially feasible, they may have the fully electric version out by then (estimated 2025 I think).

But yeah, if your normal driving is that much highway, you are better off with the JL ICE (I assume you have the 2.0L engine).

·
Registered
64 Posts

With the industry wide pivot to EV I imagine you will see substantial changes model year to model year moving forward, if you can stomach the wait I think you’ll have access to something that will fit your needs relatively soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts