Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

Have your had your 4XE go dead, or stop without reason?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEWARE!!!
We picked ours up May 29th after waiting 2+ months for it. On our first trip out to lunch it completely died with 183 miles on the odometer. It was a nightmare. We were miles from anything with no cell service. Luck had it as someone came along later in a Razor and took us back to civilization. The dealer wouldn;t help us...said to call Jeep Roadside Assistance. They barely spoke English. After 4 hours a tow truck showed up. He said they won;t tow if it's on a dirt road...imagjne... a Jeep on a dirt road? The story gets worse from here but we are driving an old used junker from this dealer while our Jeep sits, untouched in his back lot. We have no confidence in this Jeep and don't know if we even want it back. It's dead. Locked in Park. Dash lights on and won't turn off. No engine at all. The park lever release didn't work and can't open the little trap door without tools which we didn't have nor were provided. There's much more but you get the point. BEWARE before spending your hard earned money on this model Jeep!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put the transfer case in neutral next time, you will get it rolling. Best guess, like many here have seen before, a bunch of fuses are improperly seated. Id go back to the dealer or give em a call to start with that

·
Registered
23 Posts
BEWARE!!!
We picked ours up May 29th after waiting 2+ months for it. On our first trip out to lunch it completely died with 183 miles on the odometer. It was a nightmare. We were miles from anything with no cell service. Luck had it as someone came along later in a Razor and took us back to civilization. The dealer wouldn;t help us...said to call Jeep Roadside Assistance. They barely spoke English. After 4 hours a tow truck showed up. He said they won;t tow if it's on a dirt road...imagjne... a Jeep on a dirt road? The story gets worse from here but we are driving an old used junker from this dealer while our Jeep sits, untouched in his back lot. We have no confidence in this Jeep and don't know if we even want it back. It's dead. Locked in Park. Dash lights on and won't turn off. No engine at all. The park lever release didn't work and can't open the little trap door without tools which we didn't have nor were provided. There's much more but you get the point. BEWARE before spending your hard earned money on this model Jeep!!!!!!!!!
@JeepCares Any thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put the transfer case in neutral next time, you will get it rolling. Best guess, like many here have seen before, a bunch of fuses are improperly seated. Id go back to the dealer or give em a call to start with that
I tried that but it would not budge either...Then all the dash lights came on blinking...ghost perhaps??

·
Registered
52 Posts
BEWARE!!!
Thanks for tagging us here, HedoRick1976.

Azphoto, we would like to dig in further on your concerns. Send our team a private message with more details to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased my Jeep May 18th. Sixteen days later on June 3rd as I was approaching a red light the vehicle completely lost power. The Electronic Throttle light was illuminated, turtle illuminated, malfunction engine indicator light illuminated, red wrench with lightening bolt illuminated. Passerby pushed me out of the road, tow truck towed to my office. Called dealership and they sent a tow truck to pick up. Still at dealership now. Please send me JeepCares phone number or email address. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased my Jeep May 18th. Sixteen days later on June 3rd as I was approaching a red light the vehicle completely lost power. The Electronic Throttle light was illuminated, turtle illuminated, malfunction engine indicator light illuminated, red wrench with lightening bolt illuminated. Passerby pushed me out of the road, tow truck towed to my office. Called dealership and they sent a tow truck to pick up. Still at dealership now. Please send me JeepCares phone number or email address. Thanks
@JeepCares is on the forum, you can message them directly - or they will respond to this post.

The US number is: 1-844-533-7928

I hope you get a resolution quickly. Going on a week with my vehicle back at the dealer with 1100 miles. For the second time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
@JeepCares is on the forum, you can message them directly - or they will respond to this post.

The US number is: 1-844-533-7928

I hope you get a resolution quickly. Going on a week with my vehicle back at the dealer with 1100 miles. For the second time.
Thanks for tagging us here, JeanJ42. We did reply to you, @VStew on another post, but feel free to contact us by private message or phone, whichever you prefer.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OGot my Jeep back after 9 days in shop. Drove 120 miles to house. Put it in the garage and it stopped moving. Unable to back it out. Called dealer and HERE COMES THE TOW TRUCK AGAIN. Second tow experience in 10 days. I’ve driven it for only 3 hours in two weeks. At what point does Jeep say they’ll replace it with one that runs? Plus I found the AM FM radio doesn’t work in my short stint behind the wheel.
(n)

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
OGot my Jeep back after 9 days in shop. Drove 120 miles to house. Put it in the garage and it stopped moving. Unable to back it out. Called dealer and HERE COMES THE TOW TRUCK AGAIN. Second tow experience in 10 days. I’ve driven it for only 3 hours in two weeks. At what point does Jeep say they’ll replace it with one that runs? Plus I found the AM FM radio doesn’t work in my short stint behind the wheel.
(n)
@Azphoto you should check out your states lemon law.

·
Registered
10 Posts
(n)
Oh man, really sorry to hear this. Did they say what they “fixed” when it was returned?

·
Registered
23 Posts
(n)
Sorry to hear that. @JeepCares

·
Registered
228 Posts
(n)
I don't think the service departments ever fix it the first time. I almost guarantee anyone getting their vehicle back after a major issue will be posting either it failed before making it home or the next morning. My takes is they just guess and replace stuff until they finally get it by random chance.

In reading all the JL groups, it seems like some JLs are just cursed from the factory and it's not just a 4xe thing. I think the engineering is sound, but assembly line/vendor quality control is severely lacking. Stellantis needs to threaten US management to move the plant to Mexico.

If this ever happens to me I'm going to insist my service rep drive it home a couple times after it's fixed before I'll bother.

I had a Mercedes that spent over 6 months in the shop (may have been closer to 8). It wasn't too bad as Mercedes will put you in an equivalent loaner. I saved thousands of miles on my car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine worked perfect the first day, then the next day was being a little weird. XM was like stuttering, some codes were popping, etc... I checked the fuse box and while all my fuses were tight, my relays were loose and very warm. As soon as I reseated them all and she has been solid since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
At what point does Jeep say they’ll replace it with one that runs?
Check your states lemon laws. Don't threaten your dealer/service center with it, it isn't their fault and they don't really care, but you do be sure you understand what your rights are and what the process would be. If it comes to that, you would be escalating the issue and talking with someone from Jeep, not the dealership. Remember the dealership and Jeep are two separate companies. The dealer's service techs are trained and certified on how to properly repair the common issues these vehicles are taken in for. However this is not a common issue. Believe it or not, your dealership is trying to help you. They are performing the work and actions Jeep is telling them to do, as technically Jeep is the one paying for the work. If those repairs don't fix it Jeep still has to pay the service center, they have to pay to buy the Jeep back from you, and the dealership keeps the money they already got paid to sell it to you. If you do need to lemon law it, your service center's notes and documentation will be a big part of how how easy or hard JEEP makes it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don’t feel bad at all for the dealerships when new models are rolled out and have issues, they can basically bill the manufacturer for however many hours they feel like, regardless if they actually fix anything or not, they’ll just keep throwing parts at it and rack up the billable hours. Dealerships don’t make squat on sales, their money is made in the service dept. They have no incentive to fix any of these issues when it can be an open service ticket for them, you’ve already purchased.
I’m not saying all, but unfortunately, some of the more unscrupulous dealerships out there will clear the codes, throw some parts at it, bill the manufacturer a crap ton and send you on your way, knowing you’ll be back with the same issue, just to start the process all over again until a factory bulletin is sent out with specific fixes and built in billable hours.
It may be time to start filing claims directly with Jeep or Stellantis or whoever and start getting some real fixes for these issues. Luckily, ours seems to be running fine, I checked for any loose fuses/relays on delivery, but it seems one never knows.
Good luck to anyone having issues, I hope they get resolved quickly, but I’d urge anyone having issues to check the fuses/relays themselves before turning it over to the dealerships that so far seems they either won’t be able to tell you what the problem is or what they did to fix it.
……………..Sorry for the rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh man, really sorry to hear this. Did they say what they “fixed” when it was returned?
Said it was a pin connector under the skip plate. This issue seems similar but yet different. I may have fixed it after seating some loose capacitors or fuses in the fuse box. It then started to actually move and I drove it around the block 12 times without incident.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts