Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a speaker in the spare tire mount to make noise when you are driving in electric mode as a NTSA pedestrian safety thing.

Does anyone know where the other speakers are.

I am asking, because I want to go completely silent when I am off road hunting and not hear humming star trek noises.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You can pull fuse F47 when off road and it will disable the pedestrian speakers.
I am thinking of using one of my auxiliary switches to activate/deactivate those things. Would be fairly easy I think.....

I drove around for years with my totally electric Ford Focus and it didn't have the pedestrian speaker enabled. It was there, but not active in North America at the time of production. Never had any issues. The car still makes plenty of noise especially when the A/C is running (which is most of the time out here). Even during cooler months the tires make noise as well as the electric motor. These things aren't totally quiet.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
158 Posts

Or

Or

·
Registered
901 Posts
I know there is a speaker in the spare tire mount to make noise when you are driving in electric mode as a NTSA pedestrian safety thing.

Does anyone know where the other speakers are.

I am asking, because I want to go completely silent when I am off road hunting and not hear humming star trek noises.
I think the tires will still make the most alarming sounds. I've had my son drive the 4xe by me and it's so crazy quiet. Even the neighbors don't seem to notice the ped warning. They mention they can only hear the rolling tires.

I drive extra slow in my driveway and neighborhood so as to not run over any pets.

·
Registered
258 Posts
OMG THANK U!!!!

How to you set up the aux switch to deactivate F47 fuze?
Not sure yet. Can't be hard. Something like this would probably do the trick. You just need to figure out which is the hot leg and switch the other wire leg. Either with the auxiliary switch directly or with a relay (if the AUX switches have power.

Specialized ECU Repair Car Fuse Holder Connector - Mini ATM, 32V, 20 Amp, 16 Gauge, Red Wire Cable - Comfortably Tap and Test Automotive Circuits, Perfect for Hard To Reach Fusebox Panels - 11.5 Inch Amazon.com: Specialized ECU Repair Car Fuse Holder Connector - Mini ATM, 32V, 20 Amp, 16 Gauge, Red Wire Cable - Comfortably Tap and Test Automotive Circuits, Perfect for Hard To Reach Fusebox Panels - 11.5 Inch: Automotive

·
Registered
2021 JLU 4xe Sahara
10 Posts
Just FYI... pulling fuse F47 does silence the system, and it won't throw a CEL, but there is a BCM error code that gets triggered (U013F-00) for the PWS that is seen during an advanced scan by J-Scan or the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts