Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 4xe HA on 6/14 and I am still waiting on delivery. With that said, I am starting to think the 20 inch wheels they have on them look a bit thin. Is it possible to just add wider tires to the 20 inch stock rims they ship with or am I looking at new wheels and tires if I want a wider look?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered a 4xe HA on 6/14 and I am still waiting on delivery. With that said, I am starting to think the 20 inch wheels they have on them look a bit thin. Is it possible to just add wider tires to the 20 inch stock rims they ship with or am I looking at new wheels and tires if I want a wider look?
I was wondering the same thing. I'm looking at putting on 1/75 spacers to push the wheels out a bit. I'm going to a tire shop on fri to check options on rubber..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same boat here…want 33-34 ATs but not sure the Sahara/HA wheels are wide enough for most tire applications. I’d also prefer 17s with proper 33s on them but the $$$ goes up tremendously. Already installed 1.75in spacers which really helped the stance plus a 2in Teraflex spacer/leveling kit, just need to get the wheels/tires sorted to feel more comfortable taking it on some trails.

That is if I ever get it back from the dealer service department for the current recall campaign…(long story).

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are plenty of discussions on this forum about putting different wheels/tires on the Sahara and HA as well as adding different tires to the stock wheels. I went down the rabbit hole. I bought my Sahara and immediately took off the stock wheels/tires and added the BF Goodrich AT KO’s 33’s and 17” Wheels and I love the ride so much better and looks great if you want that off road look. ="dallascajun, post: 15729, member: 1163"]
Same boat here…want 33-34 ATs but not sure the Sahara/HA wheels are wide enough for most tire applications. I’d also prefer 17s with proper 33s on them but the $$$ goes up tremendously. Already installed 1.75in spacers which really helped the stance plus a 2in Teraflex spacer/leveling kit, just need to get the wheels/tires sorted to feel more comfortable taking it on some trails.

That is if I ever get it back from the dealer service department for the current recall campaign…(long story).
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
135 Posts
There are plenty of discussions on this forum about putting different wheels/tires on the Sahara and HA as well as adding different tires to the stock wheels. I went down the rabbit hole. I bought my Sahara and immediately took off the stock wheels/tires and added the BF Goodrich AT KO’s 33’s and 17” Wheels and I love the ride so much better and looks great if you want that off road look. ="dallascajun, post: 15729, member: 1163"]

[/QUOTE]
I'll bet there is lot of discussions on tiresand wheels but that's notreally what I'm specifically looking for. I'm looking for longevity reviews for spacers either on a 4xe or other wranglers...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.