Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon sting grey
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clearly some owners of this new design wrangler have "major issues"

What has not been discussed is how to report these problems.

One thing you must understand is if nobody reports their problems properly nothing will be done. You may lemon law your vehicle but if the issue is not reported to the NHTSA you are leaving that landmine for someone else.

I fully understand that these issues must not be ignored! I also understand these actions may cause recalls on my vehicle. I have no problem with this.

Seeing that some people may not know how to report the problems I am leaving this for all to see.

Below is a link to the NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation
Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA

Here is a description of how a vehicle recall campaign begins...

Lemon law vehicle buyback or returns need to be taken to a lawyer, which I am not... these vary from state to state and are on you to perform your due diligence. I have no additional advice on this topic other than should you decide on this route keep it off all social media. Lawyers never disclose information neither should you.

If you are curious regarding my motivation... I am not affected by any problems with my 4xe. What motivates me is making sure everyone understands they can make changes happen. I do not wish to see anyone impacted or worse yet injured by a vehicle that decides to lockup in the middle of the road.

Lots of discussion on problems but no real info. Best of luck!

Please feel free to post your experience with any issues or contact with the NHTSA.

You can be an agent of change or a spectator.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Man, I truly respect your mindset and way of thinking. Few people in this forum are mocking people with problems and almost accusing them of lying. If we don’t report the the problem it won’t be solved. At the end of the day all those corporate are just for profit and they won’t do a recall if it doesn’t hit NHTSA. So job well done my friend. I encourage everyone with serious problem to proceed as described above !!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I didn't think I really needed to get the problem I encountered fixed but I wanted to Jeep to look at it to get data to help out others. But I've just gotten word they are replacing a module now. I'm not sure if that was even necessary but I don't have any details yet or know the module they are replacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts