Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

Reliable?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Remove the CarMax element and I’m still not getting a 4xe as long as there are reports of people having it die on them in the middle of the road .. unable to get to the side. I’m not trying to bash the 4xe. I want one. It’s absolutely perfect for my use-case.
Like I said in my first point. Go find reliable data. If this board was realistic, there would be plenty of real world data.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Like I said in my first point. Go find reliable data. If this board was realistic, there would be plenty of real world data.
A simple search finds that you actively find these post that are critical of the Jeep/4xe and try to discount them. I’m not here to bash. I’m here to learn. If you don’t like my posts you don’t have to read them. The issue of the 4xe is a real one that Jeep needs to address. Again, if I could get to the edge of the road it’s ‘less’ of an issue. A dead Jeep stopping with regenerative braking in the middle of the 405 is pretty serious issue to me. I’m still looking at diesel and 2.0. 4xe makes the most sense and the $7500 is significant.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A simple search finds that you actively find these post that are critical of the Jeep/4xe and try to discount them. I’m not here to bash. I’m here to learn. If you don’t like my posts you don’t have to read them. The issue of the 4xe is a real one that Jeep needs to address. Again, if I could get to the edge of the road it’s ‘less’ of an issue. A dead Jeep stopping with regenerative braking in the middle of the 405 is pretty serious issue to me. I’m still looking at diesel and 2.0. 4xe makes the most sense and the $7500 is significant.
Lol good luck with your diesel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
While I agree taking the 4xe's temperature off of this or similar forums alone would be a mistake, a Google search shows problems building and lawyers would never start a class action if there wasn't a high chance of a settlement because they only get paid if they win and they're almost as bad as car dealers when it comes to making money. I also heard a rumor about NHTSA complaints but haven't verified it. Add to that the 2.0 turbo WITHOUT the hybrid also has some reported issues of stranding people on trails and the highway. There are enough reported issues with just the 4XE to make NOT looking into it deeper downright stupid. I didn't see any posts from haters, we LIKE the vehicle and want one so no need to attack people who are doing their due dilligence. It is great to see people who are happy with it though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
While I agree taking the 4xe's temperature off of this or similar forums alone would be a mistake, a Google search shows problems building and lawyers would never start a class action if there wasn't a high chance of a settlement because they only get paid if they win and they're almost as bad as car dealers when it comes to making money. I also heard a rumor about NHTSA complaints but haven't verified it. Add to that the 2.0 turbo WITHOUT the hybrid also has some reported issues of stranding people on trails and the highway. There are enough reported issues with just the 4XE to make NOT looking into it deeper downright stupid. I didn't see any posts from haters, we LIKE the vehicle and want one so no need to attack people who are doing their due dilligence. It is great to see people who are happy with it though.
I didn’t attack anybody. I tried to help the guy. Pointed out a few flaws in his logic and he got offended.

·
Registered
168 Posts
And the reports at the NHTSA are predominantly this issue. Between the Facebook4xe polls, the NHTSA reports, and the message boards, seems like a real issue. Not 100% of course but not rare either.

I frequent all my previous and current vehicle discussion boards. I’ve not seen something like this and where there’s smoke…

·
Registered
‘21 Sahara 4xe
6 Posts
5,800 miles and the A/C compressor failed. Jeep won’t start without A/C to cool the batteries. Jeep says that the compressor is unavailable and they will basically have to build one. Lead time is indefinite. They wouldn’t even give a date.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As a prospective buyer doing research here I’m willing to accept some quirks and bugs. I actually came here after finding early model bugs showing up in the Bronco. I thought Jeep would be the solution for at least a few years as a great get out and hit trails with the boys solution. WTS, the going dead on the middle of the road issue is a deal breaker for me. My boys will be with me and the roads we would take to the trails could be deadly if we couldn’t get to the emergency lane or off ramp. I’m going to be watching this issue, and Jeep, for the next month or so.

I have noticed a good bit of low mileage 4xe being for sale. One had just been ‘returned’/traded at the first Jeep lot I went to in LA. If you do a quick CarMax search you can find A LOT of 4xe with less than 15K miles on them for sale. Not confidence inspiring. I still want the Jeep but I have to see how this plays out. Could end up going with a different engine.
Jeeps aren't for everyone. When I used to buy used ones and looked at the Carfaxes, I was blown away by how many owners they'd have over short periods. Loud, "uncomfortable," driving dynamics, etc. aren't for everyone and you figure that out pretty quickly. I wouldn't read it as they are problematic. I love mine at 2500 miles and a few 150ish mile road trips. My daily. Only issue is a rattle in the driver's door I hope to have fixed tomorrow.

·
Registered
322 Posts
5,800 miles and the A/C compressor failed. Jeep won’t start without A/C to cool the batteries. Jeep says that the compressor is unavailable and they will basically have to build one. Lead time is indefinite. They wouldn’t even give a date.
If you need support with parts while working with your dealership, feel free to call Jeep Cares at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares

41 - 53 of 53 Posts