Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Coming out of German cars, I find myself much less aggressive when I drive the 4Xe. I decided to press it when using a long acceleration ramp yesterday- 4H auto, TCS off and I was quite impressed. Left an ass riding Ram 1500 waaaaaay behind.
Same here. Not much point in driving agressivly. in the right conditions it can be fast. The gearbox is just too slow, and the streering is comically light. But its a great cruiser, especially with the top done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I haven't pushed the 4xe super hard, but so far it feels about the same as my 2019 JL 6 cylinder. Especially have not noticed the instant torque everyone talks about. Am I doing something wrong or is it the Jeep? Or just my expectations? I just leave it in hybrid mode and have never felt what others describe. I am coming from a Model 3 SR+ which is not much faster, but that may be it. Anyone else here coming from a Tesla?
Why in the world would anyone try to compare the acceleration between a Jeep and Tesla? Tell us, how well did the Model 3 do off road on the trails?

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you see a 4xe cornering on 2 wheels that’s my girl. Today she drove me home from my orthopedic doc after I got 2 injections into my shoulder joints, Audi A 7 to right in racing mode… zoom and she was going off like a meteor and the A7 made about 3-5 feet. 4xe was still at e- mode and no speeding. Now I know why her electric range is at 22 miles and my range it 28.
One task I have, she must off road by her self. Thinking of a first trail to a mountain top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you see a 4xe cornering on 2 wheels that’s my girl. Today she drove me home from my orthopedic doc after I got 2 injections into my shoulder joints, Audi A 7 to right in racing mode… zoom and she was going off like a meteor and the A7 made about 3-5 feet. 4xe was still at e- mode and no speeding. Now I know why her electric range is at 22 miles and my range it 28.
One task I have, she must off road by her self. Thinking of a first trail to a mountain top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have thoroughly put the 4xe to the test, it will not go onto 2 wheels during a corner, it will start doing the most perfect 4 wheel drift.

What happens beyond the cornering limits is what sports cars dream of, but it’s happens at hilariously low G forces.

I’m semi tempted to swap the tires out and take it to a track day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had some pretty awesome results and performance mods with my previous 2.0t wrangler rubicon (non 4Xe).

I did take my Pedal Commander and my Racechip GTS and put it into my 4Xe. If you want to feel a really strong snap, believe it or not a throttle signal modifier like the Pedal Commander will make your launches a lot faster. The one thing I might go and buy again for my 4Xe is the Mishimoto charger pipe. All three of those things made my old wrangler really fast.

Putting the 4X Rubicon in 4hi Auto is the key to fast acceleration. I have not noticed a difference between having traction control on or off. But i haven't timed them.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I had some pretty awesome results and performance mods with my previous 2.0t wrangler rubicon (non 4Xe).

I did take my Pedal Commander and my Racechip GTS and put it into my 4Xe. If you want to feel a really strong snap, believe it or not a throttle signal modifier like the Pedal Commander will make your launches a lot faster. The one thing I might go and buy again for my 4Xe is the Mishimoto charger pipe. All three of those things made my old wrangler really fast.

Putting the 4X Rubicon in 4hi Auto is the key to fast acceleration. I have not noticed a difference between having traction control on or off. But i haven't timed them.
Pedal commander = no additional power over stock.
And why is it eveyone that has a piggyback tuner says its way fast ect ect.....without any actual baseline performance data to show otherwise. It's been proven piggyback tuners don't do anything and the proper way is with a real PCM and TCM tune both of which are currently not available. If the PCM senses values outside of stock it kicks torque management in and dials everything back, it even does this stock. So I will call BS on racechip doing anything because no one has measurable performance data

Traction control on or off doesn't make a difference, at the track I never got enough wheel spin for traction control to actually engage, however I did get enough wheelspin that the PCM or TCM torque management would kick in and pull massive amounts of throttle between the 1-2 shift.

·
Registered
508 Posts
considering a wrangler will roll just by looking at it funny and the steering it has, it is for sure too fast.
This will definitely not be the first car for my kid :)
4xe will not roll easily at all.

Does the most controlled and stable 4 wheel slide I’ve ever experienced, very little body roll.

4xe has near perfect 50/50 weight distribution, and a lower COG than other wranglers because of the battery.

It actually does pretty well in crash tests too. Would actually be a perfect car for a kid if it didn’t have so much power.

not to mention the safest attribute that doesn’t get reflected in crash tests……kinetic energy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wrangler will roll at the smallest overlap impact, which like 90 % of them..
It is an issue known by Jeep since the JK, they did nothing to solve it, despite many declarations and so on..
But anyway, who cares, nobody buys a Wrangler because they think it is a safe car.. :) .
Or at least I hope nobody does..

·
Registered
508 Posts
My 2007 was dead at 75 mph no passing power (220hp?)
I’m picking up my 4Xe this weekend and driving from NC to S.Fl (700 miles) can’t wait to experience the 470 lbs/ft!
Just incase, I was somewhat disappointed on my drive home from the dealer. I really didn’t love my 4xe until I got acclimated to all the quirks of the 4xe and the wrangler.

I wrote up a review in the “review” section incase you want to read it.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts