Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve recently had my MIL / CEL come on like many others. Checking on some of the instruments and gauges I found something that was rather alarming. Vehicle has been sitting overnight so all fluids should be ambient temperature (93f outside temp) The oil temp gauge in my instrument cluster showed 82f. Went into the off-road pages and it shows 419f for oil temp!!
Have others experienced this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats gotta be a glitch seeing as how the engine isn't even on.

I'd only pay attention to temp gauges while engine is actually running. Did it still say the same after you actually started the engine?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I’ve recently had my MIL / CEL come on like many others. Checking on some of the instruments and gauges I found something that was rather alarming. Vehicle has been sitting overnight so all fluids should be ambient temperature (93f outside temp) The oil temp gauge in my instrument cluster showed 82f. Went into the off-road pages and it shows 419f for oil temp!!
Have others experienced this? View attachment 541
If that doesn't reset with a key cycle then I would suspect a fault with the sensor or wiring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven’t taken it out long enough or fast enough to have the engine kick in yet. But checked the vehicle several hours later and it still shows the same temperature reading for oil. Wondering if it may be related to the CEL light I have? Going to try and get it to a dealership soon for a diagnostic.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven’t taken it out long enough or fast enough to have the engine kick in yet. But checked the vehicle several hours later and it still shows the same temperature reading for oil. Wondering if it may be related to the CEL light I have? Going to try and get it to a dealership soon for a diagnostic.
I would force the engine to start and then see if the CEL goes away. If the engine hasn't started yet then it might just be a programming thing with the engine calibrations.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Lmao, yes, I have. Because Uconnect!

Check the same gague in the center console.

The cel is 100% not related. Check the gas cap and fuses first.

Wranglers, even outside of 4xe, are agressive with their CELs .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a chance to do a quick run the in the Jeep- as it turns out once the engine kicks in the oil temp drops and matches the gauge cluster oil temperature. Running in normal ranges.
So just another strange quirk with the Jeep / Uconnect.
Appreciate the insights from those above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts