Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed to make the most of business revenues and wanted a Jeep. Research showed only the 4XE and EcoDiesel Rubicon qualified for bonus depreciation. Took the extra federal credit and went for the 4XE. After reading the forums I sure hope Stellantis delivers a finished product when it arrives in a couple of months. I hope everyone's issues are resolved quickly and to their liking. For those without issue, would love your feedback. How are you using your Jeep? What made you choose the 4XE?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Needed to make the most of business revenues and wanted a Jeep. Research showed only the 4XE and EcoDiesel Rubicon qualified for bonus depreciation. Took the extra federal credit and went for the 4XE. After reading the forums I sure hope Stellantis delivers a finished product when it arrives in a couple of months. I hope everyone's issues are resolved quickly and to their liking. For those without issue, would love your feedback. How are you using your Jeep? What made you choose the 4XE?
I had a 2012 JK and liked it but I didn’t like how little power it had getting on the highway and the poor gas mileage. Now I have both. I love driving this vehicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How does it qualify for bonus depreciation. So I can talk to my accountant. I know it is 5500lbs.

I believe GVW on the 4XE is over 6k lbs. The battery alone is like 800lbs. I know at least one Rubicon 4XE sticker I looked at said 6400 lbs GVW. Jeep lists it on their Section 168/179 page as any 4XE model as qualifying for bonus depreciation up to 100% in the first year through December 2023 as part of the tax law passed in 2017. I spoke to my accountant and another buddy spoke to his and they said the 4XE should qualify.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
4xe Rubicon with 1500ish miles. No problems yet(knock on wood). First Jeep I’ve had. Coming from always having a 3/4 Ton Pickup. Chose it because I wanted something smaller and better on gas mileage, as well as getting into the plug-in technology because that’s where everything automotive is headed quickly. They look F’ing awesome, it’s fast and powerful. I always want 4 wheel drive in WI winters. Always have one vehicle with it. I almost always take short infrequent drives around town and can charge on Lvl 2 every time I come home. Gas is almost a thing of the past for me. Even though the Jeep makes me use the ICE every so often. Bonus was $7500 tax credit. Love this vehicle and so far no regrets.👍🏻

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes the 4xE Rubicon can be applied toward the 100% bonus depreciation but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t Section 179, if your accountant says it does he is pushing the envelope…but it doesn’t matter since it does quality for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Obv your bonus depreciation amount will be net of the Tax credit.

That being said I did just put mine on the market in Boise, so if you want instant gratification lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I'm not sure exactly which avenue he will go. He just said to make sure that the company vehicle qualifies for section 179 by weight and that using bonus depreciation we could deduct up to 100% the cost. Which I will desperately need this year.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes, I'm not sure exactly which avenue he will go. He just said to make sure that the company vehicle qualifies for section 179 by weight and that using bonus depreciation we could deduct up to 100% the cost. Which I will desperately need this year.
Traditional Section 179 and the Tax Cuts and Jobs act have different requirements. For instance Section 179 has a bonus depreciation cap of $25,000 for this Jeep, but allows for more lenient usage % rules etc.

The tax cuts snd jobs act actually has a 100% depreciation and the most important aspect is that it can be applied to used vehicles. Hense why I just tried to get you to buy my 4xE lol. (This type of depreciation is a stimulus and only good through end of next year)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the breakdown. Thus why I ordered this year. I would imagine you'll make money on it given the supply shortage. The best deal I could get was just under invoice by custom ordering. Dealers werent moving off MSRP.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the breakdown. Thus why I ordered this year. I would imagine you'll make money on it given the supply shortage. The best deal I could get was just under invoice by custom ordering. Dealers werent moving off MSRP.
Yea I bought mine MSRP at Peterson to play with the summer because I also have a 2022 work truck on the way and won’t need the Jeep after this month. I put $3k in upgrades on it though I’m not expecting to get back, we shall see… I’d like to keep it but I don’t need 2 new 70k< cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a personal 1/2 ton that I drive regularly. This will just be an extra business vehicle. Trying to figure out where we will put it. 3rd garage bay and make it cramped, or in our single bay shop and put the SxS/plow in the garage? Either way, seemed there was no better time to take advantage of tax incentives. Just doing my part to stimulate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts