Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had transmission problems with their 4xe or any experience from other vehicles?

I got my 4xe Sahara 2 weeks ago and it had <600 miles on it. I thought some of the shifts were a little jerky at lower speeds and there was an audible whine from the transmission. Drove the car a few miles on electric Thursday night and didn't go to drive it until Sunday morning. When I opened the door, there was no reaction, lights, etc. - everything was dead. No reaction to key fob, charging.. anything. Multimeter read 3V on auxiliary battery. Left nothing on, nothing was plugged in.

Got a jump that morning and drove it all electric through the entire range. When the gas kicked in, I stalled completely in the middle of the road and the accelerator gave me nothing - MIL illuminated. After a 30 seconds or so I was able to get enough in first gear to coast home. Took it to the dealer and they found it was 3 QT low on trans fluid but no other issues in their testing.

I got it back and when the transmission kicks into gear in a drive cycle, there's varying degrees of misfires and jerking once the vehicle is warmed up. After this, when the vehicle is stopped, there's a cyclic misfire feeling and shaking of the front of the vehicle every 4 seconds in drive and park but not in neutral or reverse. Any shift back into drive or park causes the shaking to start again. And the first time the car shifts from electric to gas there's a horrible misfire followed by spinning.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
511 Posts
I was also skeptical about this but they claimed everything was clean.

I did find a similar issue (4xe Rubicon Transmission Issue when Battery Depleted) and probably over a dozen fuses weren't seated properly on my 4xe so I have it charging again now to see if that helps the shaking at idle.
I hope they are right. I never trust anything a dealer says anymore, sad really. Hope you get everything figured out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts