Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
White Ruby
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just browsing Twitter and saw this Jeep Wrangler 4xe PHEV Updated With 4WD Electric Mode And Better Electric Range

“The updated Jeep Wrangler 4xe PHEV is now offered with 4WD electric mode. It's electric drive range has been upgraded by 10 km to 50 km overall.”

Never heard of this site, and it doesn’t provide a source link.
Anyone heard anything about this, or is this old news?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Appears to be new. 50km is 31 miles which is more than the 24 previously published. Wonder why there aren't other reports not this.

·
Registered
White Ruby
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be all wrong.
Also doesn’t indicate if this is some type of software update, or a actual revision of the vehicle. I just bought mine about 48 hours ago, and would be a kick in the stomach to feel like it’s already out dated (I mean, I fully expect to get that feeling shortly on the 2022 models, but not this soon!)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Very true! That feeling you reference is why I am still debating leasing vs buying. The only downside of leasing is that I know I will want to modify the vehicle.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It could be all wrong.
Also doesn’t indicate if this is some type of software update, or a actual revision of the vehicle. I just bought mine about 48 hours ago, and would be a kick in the stomach to feel like it’s already out dated (I mean, I fully expect to get that feeling shortly on the 2022 models, but not this soon!)
Maybe the information is just being updated. We have had our 4xe for a month and it gets about 30 miles all electric and I have been driving in 4WD all electric as well. I presume all our 4xes are able to do the same...?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmm, this is interesting. We just ordered our 4xe today and it'd be quite a cool thing to see it updated like this.

·
Registered
696 Posts
That was poorly written and I think it's aimed at the EU market. I think that's some kind of urban driving index they mentioned. I can see in Europe, urban driving may be slow and would fit with what I've seen on range. EPA calcs the 4xe at 21, Jeep was saying 25, and most of us seem to get 26 to 30 miles in range.

Other than really cold weather, I can't see how to only make 21 miles.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The EU use WLTP and the US EPA to Estimate EV Driving Range . The WLTP Estimate is always higher . The factor to EPA is about 1.12 with 8% error (sound more like science then 10% ;) ).
so the estimate of 50km ev range = 32 miles in us / 1.12 with 8% or not is in US miles 26.

EU Data mixed L/km 3.5 for Sahara , 4.1 for Rubicon 4xe....wel lthe Wrangler 4xe is not on the market in EU, so no real info/data from Drivers only Lab Estimates.

any how ! better mpg than a Humvee

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think I recall the Brits have a different MPG as well, usually higher than American MPG. My old Audi had US and UK MPG settings that were very different.

·
Registered
402 Posts
got 3 times now 30 miles out of battery , the 100% clock showed always 26 miles estimate. normal driving with hills in hybrid mode , max regen off. roof open. + 7-8 miles electric in hybrid mode after 100 miles ride. to soon for me to calculate the mpg for my driving , the computer says 32 mpg but i like to count the hybrid miles vs gallon gas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts