Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Granite Grey , H.A Sahara 4xe
16 Posts
My favorite 3 are Nokians, Hakkas or Blizzaks. I picked Blizzaks because they never let me down nut the other are amazing as well. You don't have to go crazy. Just go with the ones that you can get in your size. Honestly even the A/T tires that are winter rated, which is a very small number, are not a good compromise. The 4xe is heavy and if you don't have good winter tires your braking distance on ice will be horrible and dangerous. Keep the mean looking A/T tires for the summer or trails.

===> Winter vs. AT Winter
Great advice, guys !
I’ll go safe winters thanks !

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
705 Posts
My favorite 3 are Nokians, Hakkas or Blizzaks. I picked Blizzaks because they never let me down nut the other are amazing as well. You don't have to go crazy. Just go with the ones that you can get in your size. Honestly even the A/T tires that are winter rated, which is a very small number, are not a good compromise. The 4xe is heavy and if you don't have good winter tires your braking distance on ice will be horrible and dangerous. Keep the mean looking A/T tires for the summer or trails.

===> Winter vs. AT Winter
With all due respect… Bunk.
My KO2’s in the snow and ice are just fine. Not knocking the dedicated winter tires, they work well and if you want them, cool. There are so many great AT tires out now though that can work in the winter just fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
With all due respect… Bunk.
My KO2’s in the snow and ice are just fine. Not knocking the dedicated winter tires, they work well and if you want them, cool. There are so many great AT tires out now though that can work in the winter just fine.
I agree. K02's can work great. It depends where you live. I don't trust them with the winters we get in Canada but it's a personal choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

New to the Forum, new to my 4XE. Looking at a set of 18" Sahara takeoffs and I assume that these wheels will fit without issue and the offset hasnt changed between the 18" and new 4XE 20" wheels? I would welcome feedback from anyone who has gone with this set-up.
And, 255/70/18 dedicated snow tires (either BLizzaks or Michelin Alpin PA5) - can anyone confirm that this tire size also works well with the 4XE? Should the difference in the weight between my 4XE and standard Sahara concern me with this tire selection?

Thanks all. 400km into the ownership and Loving the Jeep!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts