Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4xe is only 1 week old all was well until got home Friday night and went to plug it in and red fault light came up on our level two charger and the Jeep just flashes through the red blue green back to blue a couple times then clicks off with no blinking lights? Trued it at a different charger down town and still the same thing… anybody have sone in sight??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar issue but it turned out to be an issue with the charging station. I contacted the vendor and informed them of the situation and they resolved it. I used the same charging station after it was fixed and the issue did not happen again. Basically I was getting a red fault light similar to what you stated. I would try plugging it at home to see if you still see the red fault light. If you don't, then chances are you might just have had a problem with those particular charging stations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks! I’m hopeful to get it resolved at the dealer tomorrow… I’m hoping they just need to reset it or something simple!
I had the same issue, tried multiple
Chargers and kept getting
“Service Charging system” fault.

The dealer ended up have my jeep for over two weeks while engineering determined what to do. They were about to order a full harness and charging controller, but were told to try one last thing. Turns out there was a fault in the epcm and the fix was to de-power the charging system, re-download and install the latest software (it already had the most recent updates, so they just reinstalled it) and fire it back up!

I’ve since put 1000kms on with zero issues.

Best of luck! There is hope for you yet!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 4xe is only 1 week old all was well until got home Friday night and went to plug it in and red fault light came up on our level two charger and the Jeep just flashes through the red blue green back to blue a couple times then clicks off with no blinking lights? Trued it at a different charger down town and still the same thing… anybody have sone in sight??
I had the same issue, tried multiple
Chargers and kept getting
“Service Charging system” fault.

The dealer ended up have my jeep for over two weeks while engineering determined what to do. They were about to order a full harness and charging controller, but were told to try one last thing. Turns out there was a fault in the epcm and the fix was to de-power the charging system, re-download and install the latest software (it already had the most recent updates, so they just reinstalled it) and fire it back up!

I’ve since put 1000kms on with zero issues.

Best of luck! There is hope for you yet!
oh ok well I’m hoping for a simple fix! Thanks I’ll mention this possible remedy to them thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update… I took the Jeep to the dealership they did check and reset and he showed me it will now charge on their level 2 charger! Ok awesome thanks! I take it straight to a pyloric charger station abs it still won’t charge… it now just gives me a blinking blue at the plug in point, like it is in a scheduled charge ( but it isn’t) and then just blanks out after about a a minute. I’m sooo pissed !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update… I took the Jeep to the dealership they did check and reset and he showed me it will now charge on their level 2 charger! Ok awesome thanks! I take it straight to a pyloric charger station abs it still won’t charge… it now just gives me a blinking blue at the plug in point, like it is in a scheduled charge ( but it isn’t) and then just blanks out after about a a minute. I’m sooo pissed !
Have you tried charging with your Level 1 charger? If that works, then it could likely be the charging station.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tried Three different level2 chargers and same thing. I shouldn’t be forced to a level 1 charger! After spending $65k
I’m very curious if your level 1 charger works too. Not that you should be forced to use it, but from a troubleshooting perspective it could help us understand what’s happening.
My check engine light came on and then I got the red green blue flashing with my L1 charger and it wouldnt charge. I read on another forum to try starting it he car while it’s plugged in and that resolved it. Not saying this will work for you, but…

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts