Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A lot of people have asked the question “What is the gas milage of the Wrangler 4XE?” Here’s why that is an enormously problematic question. Also, here’s why MPGE and MPG can not be confused. Please share this video with anyone who tells you the 4XE will get 49 miles to the gallon. Yes, it looks like I’m getting 53.6MPG on my trip odometer but that’s not a real number.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Really informative video @Wrangler4XEFan! Thanks a lot for doing this I think it's going to help a lot of people. Is that 30.2 mpg average just based on this 80 mile trip you've done or is that your total average since owning the 4xe?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really informative video @Wrangler4XEFan! Thanks a lot for doing this I think it's going to help a lot of people. Is that 30.2 mpg average just based on this 80 mile trip you've done or is that your total average since owning the 4xe?
That 30.2 MPG on the left just seems to be a lifetime thing. I can't reset it at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I understand the hybrid mode less after watching the video. 150mi trip in hybrid and you ended up getting 24mpg - which appears to be the same as highway mpg rating of the 2.0turbo non-hybrid wrangler. Does hybrid mode simply mean it will use the electric for whatever juice it has and then give up and use the gas? Or am I missing something here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand the hybrid mode less after watching the video. 150mi trip in hybrid and you ended up getting 24mpg - which appears to be the same as highway mpg rating of the 2.0turbo non-hybrid wrangler. Does hybrid mode simply mean it will use the electric for whatever juice it has and then give up and use the gas? Or am I missing something here.
Keep in mind that this engine is still breaking in. From what I've heard from other Jeep owners, the gas milage keeps going up. I'll have to do some more runs. The real advantage of the 4XE is for the daily commute. While the hybrid system can help on long trips, it also makes the 4XE heavier. So it's tough to say what the gas milage will be on long trips until I do some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts