Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our 4XE Rubicon on Sept. 30. We took it to the dealer to have the tow package installed for our first overlander trip 7 days ago. We received a phone call that our Jeep won’t start and one of the batteries is bad. Service technicians are unfamiliar with the problem! For $65000, we have a Guinea pig for a Jeep!!
Seems to be a common problem @JeepCares or do they “care”? So far, we have 3 case numbers, no ETA and were offered a $35 a day reimbursement for a rental car! @JeepCares…what a joke!!!We want our money back!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine had to get a new power train module and when that didn’t work they realized a cable wasn’t attached in order to send volts from the battery to the rest of the Jeep. Now mine has worked fine. Hope yours gets fixed soon.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Mine had to get a new power train module and when that didn’t work they realized a cable wasn’t attached in order to send volts from the battery to the rest of the Jeep. Now mine has worked fine. Hope yours gets fixed soon.
Seems to be common among service departments form many brands and vehicles. Often it's a guess and replace game, when it may just be something simple.

·
Registered
303 Posts
We bought our 4XE Rubicon on Sept. 30. We took it to the dealer to have the tow package installed for our first overlander trip 7 days ago. We received a phone call that our Jeep won’t start and one of the batteries is bad. Service technicians are unfamiliar with the problem! For $65000, we have a Guinea pig for a Jeep!!
Seems to be a common problem @JeepCares or do they “care”? So far, we have 3 case numbers, no ETA and were offered a $35 a day reimbursement for a rental car! @JeepCares…what a joke!!!We want our money back!
Hi, tadeorio. We would like dig into your concerns further. Send us a private message that includes your current case number to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, the dealer network seems terribly unprepared to deal with these issues.
I spoke to a jeep tech, he went to school for the Pacifica hybrid but chrysler hasn't offered anything in way of training for the wrangler hybrid. Seems kinda ass backwards to release something without having trained people to know what the fuck is goin on..

·
Super Moderator
89 Posts
I spoke to a jeep tech, he went to school for the Pacifica hybrid but chrysler hasn't offered anything in way of training for the wrangler hybrid. Seems kinda ass backwards to release something without having trained people to know what the fuck is goin on..
The first dealership I went to had someone that had been trained but it was going to be 2 weeks before he could get to it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually they have. And you can even buy the training material on eBay. I bought one of the class workbooks and found it quite interesting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sounds familiar to what I’m going through…brought it in almost 3 weeks ago for a recall campaign and it was bricked within 24 hours. Apparently all of the software downloads overheated a wiring harness. So after a fair share of dumb-f-ery it’s tentatively set to be ready to pickup tomorrow. I’m with you…not sure if I should be more concerned with the issues with the vehicle or those with the service & customer support system. I’m leaning towards the latter. If I’m in any way not pleased when I get it back, my next stop will probably be a Ford dealership…get top $$$ trade and start testing my patience on a Bronco order.

Best of luck…

Reactions: Sjbiss

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have sent you a message and you replied…thank you! We have still not heard from “our” case manager.
Can you believe that we have still not received a phone call from @JeepCares? It has now been 10 days! We continue to call and @JeepCares continues to tell us to be patient and somebody will reach out to us within 24-48 hours. Needless to say, our patience is wearing thin!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can you believe that we have still not received a phone call from @JeepCares? It has now been 10 days! We continue to call and @JeepCares continues to tell us to be patient and somebody will reach out to us within 24-48 hours. Needless to say, our patience is wearing thin!!
Customer service was gone many many years ago unfortunately.. @JeepCares can say they care BUT do they show it..? I get that they may be overwhelmed but they've been in business for a million years and this isn't their first gen of a vehicle so they should have been more prepared for the onslaught of issues. It's to be expected BUT the lack of service is NOT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.