Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 91 days since I've gotten gas and no fuel refresh still. Could it have been reset when I had the software updates applied? Oil life monitor is still where it should be.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's been 91 days since I've gotten gas and no fuel refresh still. Could it have been reset when I had the software updates applied? Oil life monitor is still where it should be.
I’m not sure… but this morning my Jeep said it wanted to do a refresh cycle - but I am sure I put fuel in it about 3 weeks ago.

In the past 3 weeks though all of my driving has been in the normal hybrid mode with the engine only kicking in when I really put the accelerator down.

It has been getting colder though, nothing too extreme yet but over night it has been getting down to -2 -4c… maybe the temperature swings are affecting the fuel refresh algorithm?

The weather here is about to turn, next week it is supposed to get down to -13c (8.6f)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps it's an oil refresh you are getting?

I'm on day 92 now and still no refresh kicking off.

I lost track of the milage on this tank as the trip computer seems to have reset or rolled over.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m not sure… but this morning my Jeep said it wanted to do a refresh cycle - but I am sure I put fuel in it about 3 weeks ago.

In the past 3 weeks though all of my driving has been in the normal hybrid mode with the engine only kicking in when I really put the accelerator down.

It has been getting colder though, nothing too extreme yet but over night it has been getting down to -2 -4c… maybe the temperature swings are affecting the fuel refresh algorithm?

The weather here is about to turn, next week it is supposed to get down to -13c (8.6f)
I believe it was confirmed by Wrangler4xEFans to just be a 90 day cycle without having 4 or more gallons added to the tank. I'm a few days over that point now.

There were posts of the oil refresh running after getting the RRT updates. So it seems that shouldn't be the issue in my case.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts

Most likely oil refresh.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Most likely oil refresh.

I think so, I fueled up last night (1/4 to full), the refresh mode still came so it must be trying to refresh the oil.

I drove for a little over an hour this morning with the engine running so I will monitor this and see how long it takes until the refresh mode stops coming on and report back here!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
I think so, I fueled up last night (1/4 to full), the refresh mode still came so it must be trying to refresh the oil.

I drove for a little over an hour this morning with the engine running so I will monitor this and see how long it takes until the refresh mode stops coming on and report back here!
Go find the couple threads on here regarding this issue. Just driving around won’t get it done most likely. Gotta get the engine temp up to 210 for 5-10 min to exit that mode. Sitting at idle gets it done. Read up on it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Go find the couple threads on here regarding this issue. Just driving around won’t get it done most likely. Gotta get the engine temp up to 210 for 5-10 min to exit that mode. Sitting at idle gets it done. Read up on it.
Sure, I wasn’t aware this had been discussed - I’ve been a long time reader infrequent poster. I’m also not concerned about it, just thought I’d let people know what happens in case there were others looking for answers.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
Sure, I wasn’t aware this had been discussed - I’ve been a long time reader infrequent poster. I’m also not concerned about it, just thought I’d let people know what happens in case there were others looking for answers.
It destroys your fuel mileage if left to continue every time you drive. The engine comes on the first time and then stays on for the remainder of that particular trip. And you will never satisfy the requirements needed to turn of FORM.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Found your post Shakes - others, see link below.

I will try this out… even though I have been driving for longer periods of time at highway speeds I am almost certainly not exceeding 205-210. The ambient temp here is -4c to +4c here (~24 to 40f).

I may have to put a winter front in to help maintain engine temp when needed.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
Found your post Shakes - others, see link below.

I will try this out… even though I have been driving for longer periods of time at highway speeds I am almost certainly not exceeding 205-210. The ambient temp here is -4c to +4c here (~24 to 40f).

I may have to put a winter front in to help maintain engine temp when needed.

Thank you!

Great. Glad you found it. I apologize for not linking it. Too lazy to search and make an effort. Bad on my part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.