Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I finally recieved my AAWirelss unit after a 4 month wait. This is a great little device!

It seems stable in the center console port. I was worried about that since Carplay doesn't like that port.

It allows you to connect wirelessly of course, but also do a few other cool things.

• Remove the touch/tap limitation. That is a game changer!
  • Set DPI, which allows you fit more on screen and enter split screen mode. I found 134 to be the split screen trip point for Uconnect. Shown below is 128. DPI settings seem to work opposite of what I'd expect as larger makes the density less.
  • I was able to use the rear USB-C port for fast charging. Front USB-C does not allow fast charging.
Gadget Communication Device Font Audio equipment Display device

Communication Device Font Gadget Mobile device Portable communications device

Font Electronic device Gas Audio equipment Electric blue

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Prior to this I didn't find the SiriusXM App AA worth using. With the tap limit removed and increased resolution it makes the app usable. The audio quality over the app is much better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been running the AA Wireless for a couple of months now, but I often times need to unplug and replug to regain by CarPlay connection when I start my car. Do you ever experience this issue?

Most of the time this happens when U connect wants to download my phone contacts again. I use the USB-C port above my AUX switches on the main dashboard.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tap limit is where it doesn't let you scroll through long lists or through several screens of an app. There is a limit of 6 taps by default. It's often why you can't find things in AA.

With the SiriusXM app, I can scroll the entire channel lineup as an example.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been running the AA Wireless for a couple of months now, but I often times need to unplug and replug to regain by CarPlay connection when I start my car. Do you ever experience this issue?

Most of the time this happens when U connect wants to download my phone contacts again. I use the USB-C port above my AUX switches on the main dashboard.
I haven't had it long enough to know for sure. If you use the rear USB port it doesn't connect the to data and has a faster charge rate.

I am having a problem driving me bonkers now. Power is being supplied to the dongle even though the jeep is off. Every few minutes my phone connects and I have poor cell service in the house.

I was reading the USB is active for an hour. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't had it long enough to know for sure. If you use the rear USB port it doesn't connect the to data and has a faster charge rate.

I am having a problem driving me bonkers now. Power is being supplied to the dongle even though the jeep is off. Every few minutes my phone connects and I have poor cell service in the house.

I was reading the USB is active for an hour. :(
I have had a similar issue...it was bothersome when I was getting some work done with my vehicle and I was close enough to the vehicle where calls where trying to go to the AA wWreless and not my handset. I guess I could unplug in the future :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Support had me change a setting, once you get into there it actually mentions Uconnect in the list of vehicles that don't turn off the USB port.

I think it causes a check for the Bluetooth being on before it makes the wifi connection.

I really love this device! It's a long wait to order one but there are a few on eBay for $300.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.