Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened while driving a washboard road to go hiking. Stopped the car, went hiking. When I returned I started the car and all error messages were gone except Check Engine light. I drive home and noticed that the max regeneration button would not engage. I could run on electricity or gas and made it home. I charged the car then firmly checked that all fuses and relays were seated in the fuse box. I started the car and the check engine light went out. I have 850 miles when this happened, the car is running as normal the last day or two. Any ideas!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me while my Jeep was parked at work. ABS and traction control light went off after a few key cycles. Jeep is at the dealer right now waiting to find out the check engine light codes.
My max regen mode would “turn” off and on but it was gray and not blue on the dash and not actually slowing the car or recharging

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me know what they have to say. The dealer nearest to me is clueless.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Makes me think something is shorting or wiggling it’s connection. I notice a few people that had theirs go dead or throw codes were on dirt roads. Makes me think the reason some may not be having problems because they have only been on smooth roads just a theory. Makes me want to know the specific operating conditions before the errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could be on to something fir
800 miles of smooth road then it happens on washboard conditions, although I’d driven this same road once before but at a slower speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exact same thing happened to me while my Jeep was parked at work. ABS and traction control light went off after a few key cycles. Jeep is at the dealer right now waiting to find out the check engine light codes.
My max regen mode would “turn” off and on but it was gray and not blue on the dash and not actually slowing the car or recharging
When it happened to me same thing regen not slowing or recharging on drive home. Corrected itself the next time I drove the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another this the relays need some force they make a click or popping sound when fully seated. They can look correct and feel snug but a little force and they snap into place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya
Another this the relays need some force they make a click or popping sound when fully seated. They can look correct and feel snug but a little force and they snap into place.

Thanks I’ll check for seated relays again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I disagree sometimes it is the simple things that make big problems go away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey everybody I just went and checked all the relays and fuses on my 4Xe and sure enough with a little force and wiggle I found numerous relays not seated! They are now I hope this resolves the problem of numerous malfunction codes. I’ll keep everyone posted if it happens again.

·
Registered
246 Posts
When it happened to me same thing regen not slowing or recharging on drive home. Corrected itself the next time I drove the car.
Hey, Thebart. Are you still in need of assistance with this concern? If so, send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Reactions: Huntid

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, Thebart. Are you still in need of assistance with this concern? If so, send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Thanks Kate, I think I have corrected the problem, if indeed it was partially seated relays and fuses. My only minor problem is with Berthod Motors in Glenwood Springs Colorado. They are short on Master Mechanics and can not schedule an appointment for 6 weeks. I want them to download the codes from their ODC reader and document the problem with FCA. Their Service Manager will contact me if he has a no show or cancellation to try to get me in for service.
Not happy but understand.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks Kate, I think I have corrected the problem, if indeed it was partially seated relays and fuses. My only minor problem is with Berthod Motors in Glenwood Springs Colorado. They are short on Master Mechanics and can not schedule an appointment for 6 weeks. I want them to download the codes from their ODC reader and document the problem with FCA. Their Service Manager will contact me if he has a no show or cancellation to try to get me in for service.
Not happy but understand.
Understood, Thebart. You know where to find us if anything changes.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stopped by Berthoud Motors in Glenwood Springs to take two minutes to meet Jason the service manager, to associate my face and 4Xe with my communications with him, but he was too busy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts