·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my vehicle on 4/9.

So far it has been in the shop approximately 8 times:

1.two seat belts have had to be replaced
2. Middle console replaced
3. Rear view parking assist still doesn’t work.
Camera has been replaced 2-3 times.
Waiting a Uconnect update that seems never be coming
4. Car started shaking and making loud noise while driving. Sounded like I was driving a tractor. Learned that O2 sensor was bad
5. They ordered and replaced O2 sensor.
6. Installed 02 Sensor and now they say the PCM has to be replaced. Since there is a microchip shortage, I just have to wait until they have one.
7. Took vehicle back home, now my back seat windows aren’t working
8. Today while driving my vehicle completely stalled out on me in the middle of the freeway while driving at least 55 MPH. Vehicle were serving to avoid hitting me. The vehicle indicated charging system service and instructed me to park the vehicle.
Due to the microchip shortage a lot of dealerships have no loaner cars so I’ve been left with Uber bills.
I’m terrified to drive this vehicle now and Jeep corporate has done NOTHING to help me.
I continue to get the run around. They’ve also told me that the vehicle is safe to drive.

THIS VEHICLE IS NOT A GOOD CAR!!! Don’t buy it!!!
SERVICE FROM JEEP WAVE OR WHATEVER THEY ARE CALLED SUCKS!! Beyond terrible!
worst experience of my life. My car has 2500 miles on it and I’ve had nothing but bad experiences. Today was the worst of the worst

DONT BUY THIS VEHICLE!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you try to private chat JeepCares? Maybe they would be more helpful. I feel bad for you..
I have an open case with Jeep Cares or Jeep Wave and they will not escalate. They just continue to order and expedite more and more parts. They have done nothing. I want a functioning vehicle a car that they continue to adjust and repair at a dealership.
Nothing at all. It’s pathetic and very very frustrating. My car was in the shop 5 days after purchasing it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also feel bad for you. Have you looked at your states lemon law or spoke to an attorney?
Yes, my lawyer sent Jeep a demand letter 38 days ago (they have 40 days to respond) and they have not responded.
This was before the 02 sensor, PCM, or the vehicle completely stalling out on me in the middle of the fwy!
Lemon is my next step, and contacting my local new to station to investigate and highlight the issue on the news, and NHTSA.

I’m over it. This is unfair and Jeep does not care!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s def too bad, unfortunately I have never seen a negative post from anyone that didn’t join within the last few hours of posting
I didn’t even know that this forum existed.
I was beginning to think that I was the only one with this problem. I’m glad to see that this is a wide spread/major issue.
This is dangerous and can get someone killed!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I didn’t even know that this forum existed.
I was beginning to think that I was the only one with this problem. I’m glad to see that this is a wide spread/major issue.
This is dangerous and can get someone killed!
PCM and O2 are common issues across all vehicles, I’m assuming your state must have conservative lemon laws or you would have turned this back to them after 30 days. Is this your first experience with a jeep?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is my first Jeep and my first experience like this.
my next step is a lemon. The 02, PCM and vehicle completely stalling have all happened within the last 3 weeks. With the vehicle stalling on me today while driving 60mph.
I live in Texas.

My first thought was to allow for Jeep to make right of the situation but they have the absolute worst customer service. Even the dealership has attempted to get Jeep to buy back my vehicle back but they’ve been unsuccessful.

The Lemon Law Claim is my next resort this week.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I really feel for those that are having issues. This absolutely stinks. There are way more people having no issues with their 4XEs than are but it doesn't diminish the horrible experience. Sounds like something crazy going on with yours. I hope Jeep takes care of the issue quickly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, my lawyer sent Jeep a demand letter 38 days ago (they have 40 days to respond) and they have not responded.
This was before the 02 sensor, PCM, or the vehicle completely stalling out on me in the middle of the fwy!
Lemon is my next step, and contacting my local new to station to investigate and highlight the issue on the news, and NHTSA.

I’m over it. This is unfair and Jeep does not care!
Great job. Go public the best thing it to go public this will hurt this most. This not acceptable. Send your story to all news outlets someone will jump into your story.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We have two 4xe Jeeps order, my wife will cancel here’s in support to your story and also we don’t want to stuck with two unusable cars. Keeping my because it is lease and can through it back to them it doesn’t work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I really feel for those that are having issues. This absolutely stinks. There are way more people having no issues with their 4XEs than are but it doesn't diminish the horrible experience. Sounds like something crazy going on with yours. I hope Jeep takes care of the issue quickly.
I don’t know how you decided that there are way more people are not having issues. i don’t feel this is appropriate thing to post for those who are very frustrated and spent big $ on this car. I follow your channel and like you as person but you can’t decided that more or less people are having issues. In the contrary we can say more people are having issues but not posting? How about that?

·
Registered
91 Posts
It’s def too bad, unfortunately I have never seen a negative post from anyone that didn’t join within the last few hours of posting
Yes, they have problem then googled it, found the forum signed up and posted!!pingo! They are not paid by bronco 🤣

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, they have problem then googled it, found the forum signed up and posted!!pingo! They are not paid by bronco 🤣
Yep sux because mine has been perfect… which gives me hope for others that this is just a temp problem.

I did a 35 degree climb in all electric mode today for 15 min straight…once the supply chain and service fixes itself there won’t be a non-4xE Wrangler ordered…period.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@Wonderdan Maybe, but I certainly am no longer recommending the 4xe to anyone. Glad you were able to do a nice hill climb. Congratulations. Can't get mine out of a parking lot.
Yea I feel you… I just bought this for the summer to play with while I wait for my 22’ f250 to build. I’ll be selling it in about 6-8 weeks… I guess it should be worth more than a new one knowing it’s gotten past the break in w/zero issues.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hope it will work out for you Nena, with 4/9 you are one with the first buyers of the 4xe. I had some FCA vehicles before ( Dodge/Ram/Jeep) without trouble at all, only some minor things.
Please keep us informed about your 4xe JeepCare Dealer fight. Your Bad is our Bad as well. Good Luck 🤞

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don’t know how you decided that there are way more people are not having issues. i don’t feel this is appropriate thing to post for those who are very frustrated and spent big $ on this car. I follow your channel and like you as person but you can’t decided that more or less people are having issues. In the contrary we can say more people are having issues but not posting? How about that?
I can only base a conclusion on the feedback we’ve derived from the Wrangler 4XE Fans group on Facebook. We have over 6,000 people from around the world in the group. We’ve run periodic polls. They are nothing official, mind you, but the percentages constantly point to the same conclusion. While there are people that have major issues, they represent a small percentage of the Wrangler 4XEs on the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I respect your position and hope that this works out for all. Unfortunately, mine is 2 months old with 4k miles and was perfect until same thing described above happened to it with no hope for resolution in near term given me by my dealer. And, this thread is one of many now popping up on this same issue and no sight of anyone actually having problem fixed. This is frustrating for all of us who were left stranded in middle of road in a brand new vehicle. Jeep Cares is being supportive but there are limits what they can do to help.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts