Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the fatal red screen of death on day two of ownership at 171 miles. Rubicon maxed trim. Chalk check on the fuse box. No issues at all up until that point. I had heard about the fuse issues before I purchased and meant to check them all as soon as I got home but due to tight work schedule wasn't able to. Driving home from work on the second day parked in a parking lot with no issues. Went to get back in the car and out of no where as I tried to start the car got the check hybrid electrical system (wrench with lightning bolt) check charging system (red plug) and check engine orange light. I immediately checked the fuses and yes some weren't seated 100 percent and I pushed them all in to no avail. Even took each and every fuse out one by one and reinserted them with no resolution. And also the start button seemed to be exhibiting erroneous behavior because although the run light was illuminated the screen still said put foot on brake and push button. I did notice that the high voltage relays K11, K12 and K13 were very warm. K13 was downright hot with no visible melting or smell. Removed and tried to juggle around those HV fuses/relays with no change. I did notice taking out K8 and K9 gave me different warning lights if I removed them and attempting to start. But if I removed K11, K12 and
K13 I got no change in the warnings and errors displayed. Seems related to this area of the system. Unsure. Ultimately had to get it towed to the nearest large dealership. 7 days there and still the service department has no clue what the problem is or what the fix is. Last update was they needed to get a special tool from Jeep to further assess what the issues are.

On a side note I did stumble across and interesting find that probably was in the manual. Moving fuse F43 to F45 will take the cargo 12v plug from always on battery to switched on only when ignition is on. Figured that would help somebody.

One final note for anyone else this happens to: to tow the car without damage you need to open the cover on the very front of the shifter console (the flip open jeep metal key will get it open by just popping the cover forward) and pull the orange rope which uncouples the transmission shifter and puts it in manual neutral since in the hybrid error state the shifter is locked in park. I wasn't able to shift the transfer case into neutral even though I tried and heard that suggestion to over. You can half pull to temporarily put it in neutral or pull all the way over to lock it in neutral. You then pull again and it will release. Tow truck drivers should know how to do this. Interestingly the drive by wire brakes appeared to function in the hybrid error state with the ignition on. If Jeep cares can DM me that would be great since as a newly registered member I can't DM. Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about:
Vehicle Gear shift Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
10 Posts
All good stuff to know Parrishco, thanks. Most unfortunate what you are experiencing and I hope they resolve your issue soon. Good luck!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Tagging @JeepCares since I sent you a private conversation but not sure you saw it.
Hey, Parrishco. Looks like I followed up with you in private message regarding this. At your earliest convenience, please review what I sent. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is Jeep cares actually doing Abt this? Aren't they just the warranty people, but still have to see a dealer regardless?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you’re on day 12 of waiting…or has there been any progress?
That's correct. I'm forgetting what the jeep even looks like. The dealer had to get a special multimeter tool directly from Jeep to diagnose the electrical system errors. They got that tool 2 days ago. They just told me this afternoon that they found there is an internal fault with the high voltage battery. They are waiting for Chrysler to give them an eta for the part. Jeep cares created a case and someone is supposed to be reaching out to me. Haven't heard from them yet. Coincidence or not this all happened on the second ignition cycle after the first time I ever used a level two charger (but it was only delivering about half the max volts as recharge time from empty to full was 5 hours).

I'll keep this thread updated. Others on here have been told the same thing only for it to change later. Hopefully it's as simple as a battery swap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called them after seeing them reaching out to people on this forum, they acted like I was out of line, told me I need to speak to the dealer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone in MA with these issues? Lemon law here is 3 attempts or 15 days out of service you can get a refund or replacement. Think I will ask for the refund this week

·
Registered
154 Posts
That's correct. I'm forgetting what the jeep even looks like. The dealer had to get a special multimeter tool directly from Jeep to diagnose the electrical system errors. They got that tool 2 days ago. They just told me this afternoon that they found there is an internal fault with the high voltage battery. They are waiting for Chrysler to give them an eta for the part. Jeep cares created a case and someone is supposed to be reaching out to me. Haven't heard from them yet. Coincidence or not this all happened on the second ignition cycle after the first time I ever used a level two charger (but it was only delivering about half the max volts as recharge time from empty to full was 5 hours).

I'll keep this thread updated. Others on here have been told the same thing only for it to change later. Hopefully it's as simple as a battery swap.
I know this may sound crazy , but did jeep atleast give you a loaner car untill things are fixed? I know a friend of mines who has the mustang 🐎 mach e had some fatal issues, amd ford gave them a loaner care till things were fixed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts