Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed any sort of rear lights on the 4xe ? I’m looking to light up the back more when I put it in reverse, I barely can see out the camera now with it stock ..

·
Registered
225 Posts
I run the Oracle back up light kit, yes, it took a little extra time to get the drivers side light to fit into the steel bumper, but it seems it isn't an issue if you have the plastic bumper. Id say it adds a bit more light than my set of Rigid Ignite back up lights I had on my WK2. A good choice for stock bumpers. I wired it to the aux switch panel on my JL.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm not sure that's the case. There are lots of complaints about fitment (particularly with the steel rubicon bumpers) and moisture intrusion with them.
Thanks for the info.Maybe I will add a little of my own weather sealing but I am referring to the type of LED module they are using. I wouldn't think the strip style in the Amazon version is really going to produce much light. Looks like I could build that at home if my reflectors weren't red. As for the mounting issue it seems to be trivial for anyone mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the Oracle lights and wiring harness (so I don't have to splice the wires myself) wrapped and under the tree, looking forward to installing them next week.
Well... not quite as easy as Rob from Quadratec makes it look, but once you have the proper tools to reach the 7mm screw in the bumper to remove it was very easy. Really enjoying the bright LED backup lights.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
604 Posts
Here ya' go: And this lights is 4 years old - it was on my Ram while I had it. I didn't take a pic standing next to the truck with no lights on because it was just too dark.

Backup cam parking lights only:

Triangle Rectangle Slope Font Gadget

Backup cam with factory reverse lights and parking lights:
Organism Font Terrestrial plant Science Display device

Backup cam VLED light, parking and reverse lights:
Rectangle Font Line Asphalt Fixture

As seen standing next to Jeep with parking and reverse lights:
Brown Wood Road surface Automotive lighting Asphalt

As seen standing next to with VLED, parking, and reverse lights:
Plant Road surface Asphalt Tar Grass

The light:
Automotive exterior Font Bumper Electric blue Auto part

And looking at the Jeep in reverse:
Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Automotive tire

Both please and thanks. 👍👊

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
604 Posts
Forgot to mention that due to the muffler being right behind the trailer hitch wire placement is much more difficult. Using the curt adapter is easy in the sense that there's no cutting or splicing but it's a pain to hide it. I wound up leaving it visible temporality... But sometimes when temporary works it becomes permanent... Also, i covered all the connections in dielectric grease to prevent corrosion.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

1 - 20 of 21 Posts