Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have loved this vehicle so much but now I’m so frustrated as I stand at the high school waiting to be towed because Jeep won’t start and it says service charging system and CEL is on and a turtle is showing. I pushed I all fuses and no luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other thing I’m amazed at as I stood there out of my vehicle with phone in hand and flashers blinking - the number of cars that pulled right behind me and were waiting for my Jeep to pull out into the road. One was a convertible so after a minute I told them “that car isn’t moving”. Really?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had you already gotten any of the software updates or the cable connector recall done?
i got a software update some time ago and my grid lines have never gone away again. But I have not had a cable connector recall done? I hope that’s the case and an easy fix. If so I’ll let everyone know.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got a software update some time ago and my grid lines have never gone away again. But I have not had a cable connector recall done? I hope that’s the case and an easy fix. If so I’ll let everyone know.
Because of short staffing they can’t get to it until sometime next week. So disappointed because I love driving this Jeep.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I meant the updated software for the control modules. Although likely nothing related to your problem.

Fix should be easy, parts are a different matter. :(

Good luck!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Good question, I wonder if the cable recall and software updates will help with some of these issues.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So to update everyone, I want to first say I have posted lots of praise for this vehicle. I really want mine back fixed. But here’s the current situation: dealer doesn’t even know if they will look at it in the next weeks, let alone fix it. They say they have no loaner car for me. If I want I can go rent a car and “maybe” Jeep will reimburse me. I’m not about to go pay for a rental for what could be a month or longer on a “maybe”. I asked how I was supposed to get to work. I could hear their shoulders shrug through the phone. I feel like Jeep owners are some of the most loyal customers. I realize the dealers hands are tied but Jeep needs to be doing something to help us. Are they even going to extend my Sirius satellite coverage for the months I don’t have the vehicle?, lol.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I feel for you. Stories like these scare the crap out of me. I agree Jeep should be taking better care of people impacted by these issues. Loyalty or not, it is simply the right thing to do. Have you escalated with FCA?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks and no I haven’t gone to FCA yet. I feel like JeepCares should be escalating it. I guess it won’t hurt to try that next. Hopefully this recall I’ve heard about will get out there before this happens to other people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts