Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have loved this vehicle so much but now I’m so frustrated as I stand at the high school waiting to be towed because Jeep won’t start and it says service charging system and CEL is on and a turtle is showing. I pushed I all fuses and no luck.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other thing I’m amazed at as I stood there out of my vehicle with phone in hand and flashers blinking - the number of cars that pulled right behind me and were waiting for my Jeep to pull out into the road. One was a convertible so after a minute I told them “that car isn’t moving”. Really?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had you already gotten any of the software updates or the cable connector recall done?
i got a software update some time ago and my grid lines have never gone away again. But I have not had a cable connector recall done? I hope that’s the case and an easy fix. If so I’ll let everyone know.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got a software update some time ago and my grid lines have never gone away again. But I have not had a cable connector recall done? I hope that’s the case and an easy fix. If so I’ll let everyone know.
Because of short staffing they can’t get to it until sometime next week. So disappointed because I love driving this Jeep.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I meant the updated software for the control modules. Although likely nothing related to your problem.

Fix should be easy, parts are a different matter. :(

Good luck!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So to update everyone, I want to first say I have posted lots of praise for this vehicle. I really want mine back fixed. But here’s the current situation: dealer doesn’t even know if they will look at it in the next weeks, let alone fix it. They say they have no loaner car for me. If I want I can go rent a car and “maybe” Jeep will reimburse me. I’m not about to go pay for a rental for what could be a month or longer on a “maybe”. I asked how I was supposed to get to work. I could hear their shoulders shrug through the phone. I feel like Jeep owners are some of the most loyal customers. I realize the dealers hands are tied but Jeep needs to be doing something to help us. Are they even going to extend my Sirius satellite coverage for the months I don’t have the vehicle?, lol.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I feel for you. Stories like these scare the crap out of me. I agree Jeep should be taking better care of people impacted by these issues. Loyalty or not, it is simply the right thing to do. Have you escalated with FCA?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks and no I haven’t gone to FCA yet. I feel like JeepCares should be escalating it. I guess it won’t hurt to try that next. Hopefully this recall I’ve heard about will get out there before this happens to other people.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am currently in the middle of this situation. Reading the thread, I completely understood the embarrassment, and like you I am pretty proud of it, and shared about my jeep only to show up at later dates in a rental and have to tell the story over again to different people each day. My dealership is short staffed, do not answer the phones, messages, and really cant seem to get me solid answers. Well thats all on my thread,,

I plan to,,, and want to ask you,, is there anyway you can post your service report, or the fix? I imagine this will continue to happen all across the nation, and the best thing we can do would be is to share the solution.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am currently in the middle of this situation. Reading the thread, I completely understood the embarrassment, and like you I am pretty proud of it, and shared about my jeep only to show up at later dates in a rental and have to tell the story over again to different people each day. My dealership is short staffed, do not answer the phones, messages, and really cant seem to get me solid answers. Well thats all on my thread,,

I plan to,,, and want to ask you,, is there anyway you can post your service report, or the fix? I imagine this will continue to happen all across the nation, and the best thing we can do would be is to share the solution.
I’ll post some pics of my report if it helps. When I read it I can’t understand any of it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.