Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, story time.. :). I originally went to a dealership to drive a Diesel Wrangler, to decide if one they had on the way would be the way we wanted to go. While there, found out they had one of the new 4Xe's, so we took it for a spin. Just absolutely loved it!! Found out they had a $7500 credit to boot, decided that was the way to go. So, decided to place the order with a different dealership, one I have had history with, purchased a vehicle from previously, do my services with, even worked for the parent company for a short while. All I knew when I ordered it, was the Tax credit. So, we ordered with the intent to lease, after all the websites showed you could lease a new Sahara 4Xe for like $279 a month with $4k down. I ordered one, price was just showing MSRP because they "couldn't guarantee any rebates or discounts would be available when it arrived", put $3000 down as that was what I was gonna put down to lower the lease payment anyway and left feeling pretty good. Joined this forum to do some more research about what I could expect out of our new wrangler. That is when I learned about the affiliate program. Found out we were eligible and registered under my wife's company, sent them the code, sales person said great, he would send to the GSM and again, felt really good that I would be saving more money on my Jeep figuring these guys would treat me right. Go in to get an update, discuss the numbers, and what my deal was gonna look like on paper, and that is when they told me I would not be getting the affiliate pricing. Told me they could probably sell the unit for over sticker, I signed the order at MSRP and that is what I would have to pay. I asked them, since they would not honor the affiliate price, and told me they could sell it easy, to just refund my deposit and let me buy from someone that would honor the discount. They said no, gave me the excuse that if they dont sell it to the person that ordered it, they get dinged by the manufacturer and could get denied for future orders. I tried asking if they would do any better on the price, and after going rounds for like 20 minutes, finally agreed to come 1%off MSRP, $591.75. They want to give me the higher MF rate on the lease, even though I have been told by other dealers I would qualify for the .00203 rate. Now, I am pretty sure I am forgetting some stuff in there, but I tried pleading with them, bringing up all that I had done through their dealership alone, all the business I had sent them, and the history I thought we had. None of it mattered, it was starting to look like I was just another payday to them. I really feel that they are taking this route because of the money I put down, and they know that if I walk away, they get paid for doing nothing!! I even asked for just a portion of my deposit back, no go. My question is, do you think I am completely in the wrong for being upset that they will not honor the affiliate price just because I did not begin the transaction with this information. I have always worked with dealers that were more than happy to help their customers save any money they could. I even had a dealership refund me money after a deal because we discovered a rebate we didn't know about. This whole ordeal has just felt like a big slap in the face from people I used to think considered me still part of the family (Employee). Go ahead and lay your opinions on me, I am just simply perplexed.. Thank you all!!

·
Registered
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
9 Posts
I think this is all do to the short supply and high demand in the car market. When we bought our Sahara 4xe, I mentioned to the salesman that I worked for an automotive manufacturing company and we built for FCA. He immediately went inside and started getting me info for my supplier discount, and all worked out very well once I get the $7500 back in taxes next year. The local dealership I always go to (we bought in a city an hour away), blew me off originally, and when I saw their finance manager out a few weeks later he asked if we ever found anything. I explained the entire transaction and he said their owner told them all vehicles are sold over invoice and they would not honor any supplier/ affiliate discounts, do to the market.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the price you agreed to is the price you agreed to. But as a courtesy they should honor your affiliate. However, in this market I understand why they won't.

I would do the math on final costs of walking away from your deposit and ordering through Abe or another broker at a lower price, with standard money factor, etc. versus overpaying on price and money factor with your current dealer. See which scenario is less expensive in the end.

Personally, I would tell your current dealership that I want either 1.) my deposit back or 2.) want affiliate pricing with standard money factor at a minimum. Otherwise I will be doing a charge back on my credit card for the deposit and let them take the spanking from FCA on not selling me the vehicle I ordered.

How much is not getting dinged by FCA on future orders worth to them? More or less than $3k? More or less than selling to you for affiliate pricing and standard money factor? That would be my question to them and it's really the only leverage you have at this time.

Hindsight is 20/20, but for the deposit you should only be putting down the bare minimum required ($1k build deposit), then putting down the rest (if any) during financing. And you should be paying these items via credit card for the protection (and points if you're into that).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the price you agreed to is the price you agreed to. But as a courtesy they should honor your affiliate. However, in this market I understand why they won't.

I would do the math on final costs of walking away from your deposit and ordering through Abe or another broker at a lower price, with standard money factor, etc. versus overpaying on price and money factor with your current dealer. See which scenario is less expensive in the end.

Personally, I would tell your current dealership that I want either 1.) my deposit back or 2.) want affiliate pricing with standard money factor at a minimum. Otherwise I will be doing a charge back on my credit card for the deposit and let them take the spanking from FCA on not selling me the vehicle I ordered.

How much is not getting dinged by FCA on future orders worth to them? More or less than $3k? More or less than selling to you for affiliate pricing and standard money factor? That would be my question to them and it's really the only leverage you have at this time.

Hindsight is 20/20, but for the deposit you should only be putting down the bare minimum required ($1k build deposit), then putting down the rest (if any) during financing. And you should be paying these items via credit card for the protection (and points if you're into that).
Definitely a hindsight thing here. I have tried everything under the sun to get the to honor the affiliate pricing, or to get even some of my deposit back. It looks like it is worth it to them either way. Last thing i am trying to do is at least get the best MF rate i can, which would still make it worth sticking with this sale. But if they wont come down on that either, will be more beneficial to walk away, even without my deposit.. Will know soon. Thank you for the input!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think this is all do to the short supply and high demand in the car market. When we bought our Sahara 4xe, I mentioned to the salesman that I worked for an automotive manufacturing company and we built for FCA. He immediately went inside and started getting me info for my supplier discount, and all worked out very well once I get the $7500 back in taxes next year. The local dealership I always go to (we bought in a city an hour away), blew me off originally, and when I saw their finance manager out a few weeks later he asked if we ever found anything. I explained the entire transaction and he said their owner told them all vehicles are sold over invoice and they would not honor any supplier/ affiliate discounts, do to the market.
I know the short supply is affecting everyone right now. But it wont be like this forever. I would think they would want to keep me around for the long run as a loyal customer rather than just risk me and my referrals walking away away for good. If I end up walking away from this, you can be assured all of my dealing with them will come to an abrupt end. I look at it from this angle as well, they wouldnt even have this sale if i didnt come to them for the order in the first place. While i understand that is no excuse for them to take a loss on the deal, but honoring the affiliate doesnt cost them anything technically. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would do the lease if the RV and MF are in line. The tax credit still makes it a good deal. Get a signed buyers order next time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would do the lease if the RV and MF are in line. The tax credit still makes it a good deal. Get a signed buyers order next time.
So, I have a signed buyers order. That is part of the problem. I signed it at MSRP because I didn’t know about the Affiliate Program. That is why they wouldn’t honor it. I figured they would honor a discount even if I brought it up after. But not the case. MF was on par and residual is good. I ended up just going with it. Got the payment just a little lower. Made it worth not walking away loosing my deposit. Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was told by one dealer that they dont have to grant thhe affiliate pricing especially when a vehicle is ordered. That it is typically for a vehicle they have in stock on the lot and ready to go. And even then they dont have to honor the pricing as others have said due to the shortage of parts right now and cars in general. Its unfortunate but how it is right now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told by one dealer that they dont have to grant thhe affiliate pricing especially when a vehicle is ordered. That it is typically for a vehicle they have in stock on the lot and ready to go. And even then they dont have to honor the pricing as others have said due to the shortage of parts right now and cars in general. Its unfortunate but how it is right now.
You are 100% true, they do not “have” to honor the price, it is their choice. But, they could choose to honor it at any time in the process. That again, is their choice. I tried placing my order with the dealership I though would choose to do what was best for their customers, not necessarily for their bottom line. I have found other dealers that are willing to do both, honor it on an available unit, or an order. Again, I thought these guys would be the ones that would when others wouldn’t. It boils down to how much the dealership values you as a customer, and how much they want to keep you a customer and wants you to spread the word of how awesome they are. Word of mouth is still a big deal in the auto industry.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also look at it this way. If I did not go out of my way to order from them, they would not even have this sale, someone else would. I am sure any dealership, to include the first one I visited and test drove a 4Xe at, would have loved to have had this sale.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
or take a look with truecar.com
Am not as concerned with the truecar numbers. I like to think I am a valued customer to my dealership, not just another number. Which I did feel like, at least until this this deal.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So, I have a signed buyers order. That is part of the problem. I signed it at MSRP because I didn’t know about the Affiliate Program. That is why they wouldn’t honor it. I figured they would honor a discount even if I brought it up after. But not the case. MF was on par and residual is good. I ended up just going with it. Got the payment just a little lower. Made it worth not walking away loosing my deposit. Appreciate the feedback.
what ended up being your MF?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My dealer tried the same I found out who owned it and emailed them directly. They made sure I got my affiliate price. I just explained they were making money I was going home happy what was the big deal? Owner was amazing and gave me his personal cell number in case I ever needed to reach him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My dealer tried the same I found out who owned it and emailed them directly. They made sure I got my affiliate price. I just explained they were making money I was going home happy what was the big deal? Owner was amazing and gave me his personal cell number in case I ever needed to reach him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, I know the GM and the owner, used to work HR for the company. Sent the GM an email and he pawned me straight off on the GSM. It’s okay, I am gonna cut ties and be perfectly honest on the survey..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts